Walnut bodies

Patriot54

Just ordered a custom Jazzmaster bass body - walnut with flame maple top. Anyone else have a walnut guitar or bass body?

Love me some Walnut. :blob7:
7133777749_182e1d47c7_b.jpg

Line6man - What is that body finished with? It looks great.

I've been drooling over different walnut bodies in the showcase ever since ordering mine. It will be an 8-string with maple/bubinga neck but I'm not sure what fretboard to get on it - I considered pau ferro but I don't know if that will be too dark to woodburn the inlays on the fretboard. If so, I'll probably go with flame maple so it will match the neck and top.

Walnut and figured maple are probably the most 'exotic' woods in North America. It's always appealed to me, but it just doesn't line up with my tonal / weight ideas. Pretty though.

Patriot54 said:
Line6man - What is that body finished with? It looks great.

I've been drooling over different walnut bodies in the showcase ever since ordering mine. It will be an 8-string with maple/bubinga neck but I'm not sure what fretboard to get on it - I considered pau ferro but I don't know if that will be too dark to woodburn the inlays on the fretboard. If so, I'll probably go with flame maple so it will match the neck and top.

Tung oil.

My Krank N Stien is walnut with flame maple runners... :headbang1:
index.php

And I'll say this, with the density of walnut and some DiMarzio D-Activators, this thing truly is a Krank-N-Stein....I mean this thing freakin' shreds... :party07:

DangerousR6 said:
index.php

And I'll say this, with the density of walnut and some DiMarzio D-Activators, this thing truly is a Krank-N-Stein....I mean this thing freakin' shreds... :party07:

Very nice! Who made that guitar and what's the fretboard made of?

Patriot54 said:
DangerousR6 said:
index.php

Very nice! Who made that guitar and what's the fretboard made of?
The body was custom made for me by KNE guitars, the neck is Warmoth, canary/ziricote.. :icon_thumright:

yep My latest... 24 fret Black Walnut Neck (ebony fret board)through ,  Semi Hollow Walnut body , AAAAA Claro Walnut top .
hand carved Claro pickup rings
TV jones Classic/Classic Plus 

Attachments

• 2013-02-23_18-41-55_278.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 727
I recently got a walnut Jazzmaster body and it is beautiful! I have to say the pictures of walnut hardly do it justice.

Attachments

• IMG_20130116_171052.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 444
Leumasd said:
I recently got a walnut Jazzmaster body and it is beautiful! I have to say the pictures of walnut hardly do it justice.

Dats hawt.

What neck and hardware will you be pairing that body with?

The neck is right beside it in the pic, I know its a little hard to make out, but it is a flame walnut with a semi flame maple fretboard.

Attachments

• Jazzcaster neck image 3.jpg
    Jazzcaster neck image 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 422
  • Jazzcaster neck image 4.jpg
    Jazzcaster neck image 4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_20120828_092827.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 478
Back