VW bodies

i was slightly annoyed when i tried to order an eb/mm neck and mentioned a future vw build but did not order the bodie at that time. they told me the EB neck was no longer available do to EB's request. but the sales rep didn't say the bodies would be pulled also. if i'd known that i'd have bought one from the showcase as they were still there at that time. what i don't get is that there was an arch top version, eb doesn't make an equivlent guitar to that. the peavy wolfgang was a bit diferent in shape. i don't know why that can't be sold as a warmoth origonal.

DiMitriR33 said:
i was slightly annoyed when i tried to order an eb/mm neck and mentioned a future vw build but did not order the bodie at that time. they told me the EB neck was no longer available do to EB's request. but the sales rep didn't say the bodies would be pulled also. if i'd known that i'd have bought one from the showcase as they were still there at that time. what i don't get is that there was an arch top version, eb doesn't make an equivlent guitar to that. the peavy wolfgang was a bit diferent in shape. i don't know why that can't be sold as a warmoth origonal.
That's a good point, I always heard there only has to  be a 10% difference.....

RLW said:
I suspect Warmoth feels that this isn't the best place to discuss receiving a cease and desist order from some corporation's attorneys, and that's why it wasn't mentioned by them.

I see this not as a official board (as it's name says for it self), I see this as some (almost like) friends talking about something that we like and a company, which we like the products, build it... informal... Gregg and Eric must keep one "professional" side, but they still talk as a "normal" guys here...

If the problem is the "law restriction", like EB/MM saying that W should not speak, ok, I could even understand... but...

NonsenseTele said:
If the problem is the "law restriction", like EB/MM saying that W should not speak, ok, I could even understand... but...
No, I don't think there is a law restriction for a forum member to say something here. Even if these members are Warmoth employees. Sure EB is behind this but I don't think they demand or they care if the name VW is being mentioned here. We all know Warmoth manufactured these bodies and there are many pictures to prove it. Most of all, they were doing the carved version which was "better" than EB's version.

I'm one of those that wanted a (carved) VW body but never ordered as there was never variety in the showcase. 600 strats VS 10 VW's... :icon_scratch:

Kostas said:
NonsenseTele said:
No, I don't think there is a law restriction for a forum member to say something here. Even if these members are Warmoth employees. Sure EB is behind this but I don't think they demand or they care if the name VW is being mentioned here. We all know Warmoth manufactured these bodies and there are many pictures to prove it. Most of all, they were doing the carved version which was "better" than EB's version.

I'm one of those that wanted a (carved) VW body but never ordered as there was never variety in the showcase. 600 strats VS 10 VW's... :icon_scratch:

Really, I mean I understand that the Strat is probably The most popular guitar style. Maybe even more so than Les Paul.....But geeees, talk about flooding the market...I personally like the Jackson Dinky/Soloist style myself, as is evident since I own 5 of them...But I do have a Strat-O-Coustic with a all birdseye maple Warmoth vintage neck....I;ll have to dig up a pic.

Kostas said:

I absolutely agree with Kostas, W should be authorized to sell their VW Carved because no other manufacturer can provide a shape like that!

Kostas said:

Also agree with this. I wanted a VW carved top but never found right body in showcase, so i had to do a custom order.
I'm also subscribed to showcase's Guitar Body Feed and i look at that daily: it's sad to see there are almost only strat and tele bodies in all their variants,
and it's sad a lot of people build mainly fender clones.  :sad: 

Back