VW bodies

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Just found out what the reason for the disappearence of the VW model. I got an e-mail answer from Warmoths webmaster  Brian Goode and this was his reply:

"Unfortunately we had to remove all references to the VW body from our
site due to a request by Ernie Ball.  If you don't have a copy of the
picture you sent us, we can try to dig one up here if you can give us
the name you posted it under. 

Thank you for sharing your guitar pictures with us - I'm sorry we can't
feature it on our site any longer."

Just so happened that I was browsing the gallery and noticed my guitar wasn't in there anymore and I question him about it and that's the word I got. Which really kinda pisses me off
since my guitar had been in the gallery for about 7 yrs. Here's a couple of pics I took of it, it's a flame Koa top with a black Korina back and EB style 4+2 birdeye maple neck..
warmoth-EVH.jpg

warmoth-EVH2.jpg

Guess we all have "collector's items" now..... Should have bought a couple more on the fire sale...

NonsenseTele said:
Gorgeous guitar! Orgasmatic!

Thank you, it actually plays better than my EB EVH sig did. The action is much sweeter....tho it is a bit heavier.....I like the bridge pickup I have in it better too, it's a Seymore Duncan Invader...neck pickup is a Kent Armstrong, and it's got a non-recessed Floyd..

If Warmoth can no longer show VWs on their gallery I suggest all VW owners put their pics on Chris of Arabia's FlickR site. I don't think "Uncle Ernie"s corporate clout would count for much there. :evil4: :evil4:

willyk said:
If Warmoth can no longer show VWs on their gallery I suggest all VW owners put their pics on Chris of Arabia's FlickR site. I don't think "Uncle Ernie"s corporate clout would count for much there. :evil4: :evil4:
good idea......ernie ball can kiss my ass...
moon.gif
.      that's probably what Eddie told him too...no wonder he went to Peavey, and now Fender....

willyk said:
I put mine in the pool at Flickr....... :party07:

:guitarplayer2:

I suspect Warmoth feels that this isn't the best place to discuss receiving a cease and desist order from some corporation's attorneys, and that's why it wasn't mentioned by them.

RLW said:
I suspect Warmoth feels that this isn't the best place to discuss receiving a cease and desist order from some corporation's attorneys, and that's why it wasn't mentioned by them.
They still could have said something about it on their site, just to let people know instead of leaving them in the dark....Just common courtisey to the peeps who buy their goods...... :dontknow:

Litigious matters can be quite hairy, though, for instance removing ALL reference to the item just might mean that even mentioning why said item disappeared could be construed as a reference to said item, thereby in need of removal.  I do understand what you are getting at, but the language of law can sometimes be a bear trap that is best to just steer clear of. 

guitlouie said:
Litigious matters can be quite hairy, though, for instance removing ALL reference to the item just might mean that even mentioning why said item disappeared could be construed as a reference to said item, thereby in need of removal.  I do understand what you are getting at, but the language of law can sometimes be a bear trap that is best to just steer clear of. 

Very true, but still there are ways around it, there are ways of wording situations that don't fall victim to litigation....

We Americans are a lawsuit-happy bunch, it's sometimes better to clam up than flush thousand dollar bills down the toilet.

NonsenseTele said:
I only would like if Gregg or Eric had talked/told it here... it's like the 3rd thread about this....
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawry......I looked around and didn't see anything about this subject... :laughing8:

Call EVH and say yo EVH, we'll give you a free Warmoth if you let us make VWs.  He'll say yes.  :headbang1:

dbw said:
Call EVH and say yo EVH, we'll give you a free Warmoth if you let us make VWs.  He'll say yes.  :headbang1:
I'm sure he really cares about getting a free guitar body from warmoth.....he's probably got thousands of guitar bodies......You ever seen pics of his workshop? He's got stacks and stacks of guitars and bodies strewn about....Hell in '98 I made him a custom pair of sunglasses and gave to him at a party in L.A., and he pretty much just blew me off...Although Alex and Gary and Michael thought they were pretty cool...But it's always worth a try....

Back