VOTE HERE! September 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the September 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BigSteve22 said:
Extra sexy axe Kevin. Congratulations!

And congratulations to all who entered. Win or lose, you walk away with a great guitar as your prize!

:headbang:

don't mind if i do

Congrats Cagey.
You've got a pretty nice guitar there, despite it being a tele.  :turtle:

VO2iLa5.png

Thanks all! I appreciate the support! Lotta super-nice guitars this month - we'll have to do this again  :icon_biggrin:

AutoBat said:
Congrats Cagey.
You've got a pretty nice guitar there, despite it being a tele.  :turtle:

VO2iLa5.png

Plays/sounds like a dream too, despite it being a Tele  :icon_biggrin:

And thanks for the graphic! Nice job!

Congratulations Kevin! Simple, stylish and very classy. The white pickups were a good choice.

Thanks all!

The color scheme changed over time (project started in 2013), as different parts came and went around here. For instance, I had a bound roasted Maple neck on it to start with. Looked nice, but the black seemed a better contrast to such a light blue.

I just noticed that when you click on Cagey's excellent guitar in the upper right-hand corner, it links to the August submissions thread, not September.

I don't understand. I didn't have a submission in August. How can this be?

preview.jpg

Hey! This forum is defective!

Hehe! Thanks! I know I was surprised when I pulled out the neck plate - December 2013? - how in the hell has that much time passed?

That's not the procrastination award winner, though. I've got a Strat project that's still in pieces that got started in 2009.

CageyAward.jpg

For Outstanding Putting Off Until Tomorrow

You've been around long enough that you might remember it - that's the one where I did the chemical coloring with potassium dichromate? I'm not as happy with the burst as I was when I did it. Too big around the edges. By the time you put a pickguard on it, you essentially lose the burst altogether. Gonna have to redo it, but it's too late in the year now for that sort of activity. Finishing season is done.

One of these days...

Back