VOTE HERE! September 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the September 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GOM said:
And the winner is...

Fat Pete!

Many congratulations and well done everybody!

Congratulation Fat Pete! You had the most original and good looking guitar this month!

... but how can you play it without a neck pickup? ;-) 

Thanks all! Very pleased to win - some very tasty competition this month I thought.

harry said:
GOM said:
And the winner is...

Fat Pete!

Many congratulations and well done everybody!

Congratulation Fat Pete! You had the most original and good looking guitar this month!

... but how can you play it without a neck pickup? ;-) 

Thanks harry! I get by, somehow. Love that Tele of yours btw.
Just added a couple of straight-on shots to the gallery. Just in case anybody felt like putting a banner together...  (Hint, hint.) :cool01:

Congrats Fat Pete!

I'm trying imgur to host the file, we'll see if the transparency layer sticks like it should.
If it doesn't I can always paste it here like I've been doing for the past few years.

Additional challenge: the red background bled onto the edges so I had to keep a bit which gives it an artificial binding look.  Sorry.
HzBJoUA.png

I don't see the anomaly you describe, so it may only be visible at higher zoom levels.

In any event, I'm sure everybody appreciates your efforts in creating nice banner pics. It's probably the best part of the whole GOM effort, and I don't know what we'd do without it. Thanks for that!

Don't feel bad. With these contests, it's like being handed a pile of Playboy magazines and being asked to say who's the prettiest centerfold. Opinions vary. But, there's little doubt that all are beautiful. It's purely subjective; there are almost no rules or criteria.

Cagey said:
...I'm sure everybody appreciates your efforts in creating nice banner pics. It's probably the best part of the whole GOM effort, and I don't know what we'd do without it. Thanks for that!

Absolutely - looks good to me and much appreciated.

Cagey said:
In any event, I'm sure everybody appreciates your efforts in creating nice banner pics. It's probably the best part of the whole GOM effort, and I don't know what we'd do without it. Thanks for that!

Definitely!  I appreciate the effort, even if I haven't won any yet.  (sniff)

Maybe some day...

BlueTalon said:
Cagey said:

Maybe some day...

Totally agree :) But what about a really really small icon for 2. and 3. place ...................

The number of entries is generally small, the number of voters is generally small... you start giving out 2nd and 3rd place awards and it'll be like the stupidity of Little League Baseball (among other things) - everybody gets a trophy just for drawing breath. That's nothing to look forward to.

As fun as it is, it's just for grins. You're free to arrange pixels however you they suit your fancy.

gotm_zps2d148ea6.png

harry said:
BlueTalon said:
Cagey said:

Maybe some day...

Totally agree :) But what about a really really small icon for 2. and 3. place ...................
It made me chuckle:
bKOSLqg.png

Back