VOTE HERE! October 2020 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the October 2020 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting ends 7 days from the date of this post.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Man, this took some deliberation since all 6 are equally beautiful instruments. I'd be proud to call any one of them mine. I kept changing the criteria and going through the list until one finally stood out from the rest.

A great month full of some really beautiful and inspiring instruments!  I need another guitar like I need another hole in my head!  However, when I see the creativity, beautiful woods and intriguing functional features of these guitars...  It certainly tempts me to chance driving yet another wedge in the otherwise connubial bliss that lives in this household!  Best of luck to all and may the best guitar win!

And the winner is...

ActualGenuine!

Many congratulations to our winner and thanks to all the other entrants!

Congrats AG!! Hope the voting is easy from hear on out!! Glad I'm not competing with you guys!! All spectacular instruments!!!

Congrats to AG indeed!  I love the way that baby came together.  The matching headstock was a nice touch and made a big contribution to the whole look.  I would like to give those Fluence Classic Humbuckers a try.  Great work by all this month!

Wow, thank you all for the votes! I must say I did not expect a win given the competition. They are all examples of excellent work and great ideas. I hope to see them resubmitted in the future.

I'll be sure to get some better pictures up soon - especially of the headstock veneer, which was tricky but I'm really glad I did it. It's not without faults, but it sure does look great with the body.

You may recall this post where I was planning a reverse Warhead styled neck. I did get that neck with the body and ... it just didn't work for me. So, I shelved it for another project, got the Warmoth 3x3 headstock neck you see with the guitar (and deleted the face dots, among a couple other changes) and then decided to do the veneer. First time I've ever done anything like it, and I did it *wrong*, but recovered nicely I think.

I had also planned creme pickup surrounds with zebra open core Fishmans, but since I was doing the veneer and there were no facing dots, the creme trim just didn't go any more, and I blacked it all out and ... you see how it came together.

Thanks again and great work to the other builders!

Back