VOTE HERE! October 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the October 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants and thanks for all the great submissions!

Wow, lotsa stuff I've never seen before in the submissions thread.  And another month of very few figured maple tops.  For me it's really between only two guitars, though.  Which one would I really want for my very own?  Sometimes I vote for the one that's the most original in its concept and execution, or most out-there, but this month I'm voting for the one I would be most reluctant to turn in if I came across it unattended in a railway station.

Stiff competition for me, methinks!  :doh:

We're all winners really.  :icon_thumright:

frown said:
We're all winners really.  :icon_thumright:

Absolutely! As I've said before, I'm perfectly happy losing repeatedly, as I still get to play my guitar on a regular basis - and it's one of those guitars that plays even better than it looks! Still winning!

Some great new entries this month - glad to see the new ones!

I'm excited to be involved at all....

Incidentally there's a thread of pics of Guitar of the Month Winners http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?board=40.0, but unless I'm accessing it wrongly, it seems to stop at February 13. Is there another one for winners soince then?

I do believe we've assembled about as diverse a group of guitars as you could ask for! Some cool stuff in there, for sure.

I've been wondering the same thing about the winner's gallery, nothing past February 2013?

Wylie (one of the former board moderators) was maintaining it, and the last entry was probably coincident with his leaving Warmoth.

And the winner is...

frown!

Many congratulations and well done everybody!

Oooooh, I'm a winner! Thanks to all who voted - I'm glad my style appeals to others as well as me!  :eek:ccasion14: Certainly a wide variety of entries to go up against.

Do I need to send a 'straight on' photo in, for a signature graphic as per pervious winners?

Wonder what I'll come up with for my next entry... Hmmm :dontknow:

Congrats goes to Updown for finally picking a winner (in a long time)  :blob7:

Congrats frown  :icon_thumright:
She's a beauty  :eek:

Updown said:
Congrats goes to Updown for finally picking a winner (in a long time)  :blob7:

Congrats frown  :icon_thumright:
She's a beauty  :eek:

You Sir, have great taste!  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for your vote and well picked!

frown said:
Do I need to send a 'straight on' photo in, for a signature graphic as per pervious winners?
You had one in your build thread :)
Congrats Mr. Frown.

XXQBY4S.png

Cagey said:
Congratulations, Frown! A very nice build, and a well-deserved win!

Thanks Cagey, I had high hopes for the 'Less is more' approach. Seems I'm onto something...

frown said:
Cagey said:
Congratulations, Frown! A very nice build, and a well-deserved win!

Thanks Cagey, I had high hopes for the 'Less is more' approach. Seems I'm onto something...

Indeed. The Jazzmaster design has always been nice; Leo just went a bit off the rails with the bridge and the controls. You got rid of the dross and ended up with what I'd say it should have been all along.

Congratulations, frown! That is a striking guitar you've got there, and I've no doubt she sounds and plays every bit as good as she looks. As soon as I saw your pictures pop up, I knew I was in trouble, haha! It was the neck and especially the headstock that really grabbed me, just a phenomenal piece of wood there, beautiful. A well deserved win for certain. Enjoy!

Back