VOTE HERE! June 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the June 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations Great Ape!  :eek:ccasion14: I went with creativity in the end, so count me as an admirer. For the others, as I mentioned earlier, could have used other reasons to vote for yours - I respect anyone who takes on the finishing!

Tough decision this month. Every time I went back I kept changing my decision. Excellent submissions from everyone.
Congrats Great Ape.

IeU2Wzc.png

I'm late getting here but heartfelt congrats have no expiration date -- congrats Great Ape on another great git!

Congrats Greg, but watch out for the Fish and Wildlife rangers, barn owls are protected.... :dontknow:

Oh, Doug, you silly GOOSE--time for you to get out your Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds: That's a
Great Horned Owl, not a Barn Owl...can't DUCK outa that one, can ya?

The Great Horned Owl is protected, too. I know because I tried to get one stuffed, and I got schooled on it by several taxidermists.

This particular one was a casualty of my buddy's Chevy Suburban. He was whistling down a back road one night and the owl apparently saw a rabbit or something crossing the road. Decided it would make a nice meal, and was on flare-out just before grabbing it at the same time the truck was passing through that same point in space. Took the whole windshield out, and scared the bejesus out of my buddy, who nearly wrecked the truck trying to figure out and compensate for whatever bizarre thing just took place. Killed the owl, of course. But, oddly enough, it looked more or less intact. Probably had about 106 broken bones, but you couldn't see that by looking at it.

Beautiful animal, though. So, we thought stuffing and displaying it would be a Good Thing. Can't do it, though. Explained what happened, but the taxidermist said if that was allowed, suddenly a lotta owls would somehow be meeting their end in traffic accidents  :laughing7:

Apparently that's true of all birds of prey...I've heard that it's illegal to possess the feathers of a hawk, eagle or owl! The law does NOT apply, however, to American Indians.

I guess that's why you hardly ever see American Indians with feathers any more  :laughing7:

Great Ape said:
Oh, Doug, you silly GOOSE--time for you to get out your Peterson's Field Guide to the Birds: That's a
I guess I fouled that one up... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Great Ape said:
I guess I fouled that one up... :dontknow:

:hello2: :laughing7: :laughing7: :doh:

Back