VOTE HERE! June 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the June 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Only 18 hours or so left to vote, so if you haven't already folks, you know what to do...!

And the winner is...

gjacob!

Many congratulations and well done everybody!

Congrats. Winners all around. I voted for cven, a well done shredder. Its getting close to time for the nostalgia resurgence. Or maybe I'm optimistic as I never really stopped listening to 80's rock

swarfrat said:
Congrats. Winners all around. I voted for cven, a well done shredder. Its getting close to time for the nostalgia resurgence. Or maybe I'm optimistic as I never really stopped listening to 80's rock

Thanks for the vote.  No worries here though.  Awesome axes all around!

Congrats gjacob. Well done. Beautiul work.

Hats off to all the entrants with their amazing work. The decision is never easy and I'm always awed at the beautiful stuff made by the forum members.

Congrats to the winner.  Great builds and finishes, all the way around. I think TFS's wins for originality.  But I voted for Cven's, just because that guitar is right up my alley.  :headbang1:

Congratulations on that hotrod winning, gjacob!  I confess I didn't vote for you, but instead for Tony's piece of art; but it was no easy decision, and the win is well deserved.  If you have a nice full-frontal photo, I'm sure Autobat or whoever is making the banner will be pleased to post you in the upper right-hand corner.  Nice job.

Sorry - I can't vote for Tony's guitar out of principle. It's making me hungry. Dang I haven't been able to get out in years, and let's see... the boy is 2. Maybe in about 6 more years we can start, and in about 10 years he'll be able to sit still and quietly enough to get something.

Bagman67 said:
Congratulations on that hotrod winning, gjacob!  I confess I didn't vote for you, but instead for Tony's piece of art; but it was no easy decision, and the win is well deserved.  If you have a nice full-frontal photo, I'm sure Autobat or whoever is making the banner will be pleased to post you in the upper right-hand corner.  Nice job.

Thanks so much!  It was a fun build, and I just can't put the guitar down it is such a player.  I've attached a front photo without a background.

Thanks again, all of the guitars were very cool and I especially loved the red V.

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 393
swarfrat said:
Sorry - I can't vote for Tony's guitar out of principle. It's making me hungry. Dang I haven't been able to get out in years, and let's see... the boy is 2. Maybe in about 6 more years we can start, and in about 10 years he'll be able to sit still and quietly enough to get something.

?

LOL. But it means there had to be some juicy backstrap as part of the process. Unless there's a deer running buck naked around Pallyup.

swarfrat said:
LOL. But it means there had to be some juicy backstrap as part of the process. Unless there's a deer running buck naked around Pallyup.

Nope, these hides were from two different bucks, two different hunts, two different years.  I have more hides in storage including two recent full elk hides that are in the freezer, hoping to brain tan them this summer.  These are from hunts in 95 and 96. I wanted to keep the material waste to a minimum and these deer were small enough that the scraps of hide leftover could be used for native crafts.

These two backs traps have "done been et" and recycled back into the circle of life.

GOTM banner now updated with gjacob's Jake's winning entry! (Thanks for the quick work, Aaron!)

Hit ctrl+F5 or equivalent if you don't see it.

Very nice group of contestants.  I'll try to get a personal banner up. I've been dealing with some acute maculopathy (focal center of the eye) as of recent, so photo editing for the detail work is too difficult.  It's supposed to clear up, just not sure how long that will be yet.

Back