VOTE HERE! June 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the June 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting has (automatically) ended.

As the contest started late, voting will close in 5 days instead of the usual 7.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

This month it's almost impossible to choose.

I liked them all just about equally for various reasons. I think they are all winners.

-That is why I'm gonna let the odd-man-out pick itself; everything else is pure wood-grain gorgeousness with natural earth-tones galore (all winners, I agree), so I voted for the seafoam relic. -I know how difficult and painstaking it can be to re-create decades of wear-n-tear that looks and feels realistic... but the Wolf-man nailed it! (-only I'd have thrown the plastic parts in the basket of a drip coffee-maker under some dark-roast to get 'em to scuzz-up properly for that nicotine-yellow "30-years-of-smokey-bar-gigs" look, -but that's just me!)

Day-mun said:
-That is why I'm gonna let the odd-man-out pick itself; everything else is pure wood-grain gorgeousness with natural earth-tones galore (all winners, I agree), so I voted for the seafoam relic. -I know how difficult and painstaking it can be to re-create decades of wear-n-tear that looks and feels realistic... but the Wolf-man nailed it! (-only I'd have thrown the plastic parts in the basket of a drip coffee-maker under some dark-roast to get 'em to scuzz-up properly for that nicotine-yellow "30-years-of-smokey-bar-gigs" look, -but that's just me!)

Got that right, I won't be doing a relic again unless I'm being paid.  Much much easier to do a showroom finish.  It'll get a second drubbing though because I'm not at all happy about the back and I'm even embarrassed to show a picture.  I agree with you on the pickguard, it'll also get some more attention.  Maybe in a few months, just don't have the inspiration to do it right now

I wasn't too hung up on realism though.  Obviously with the trem and modern parts...all the nicks, bumps and scrapes you see are completely smooth and protected under clearcoats.

As the voting window is shorter than usual this is a gentle reminder that voting closes shortly after 12 midnight Warmoth time. So if you're still undecided or just like to leave it until the last minute for some reason, please get on with it!

And the winner is...

Kuro Uma!

Many congratulations and well done everybody!

Corner banner complete 14 minutes after vote end!

Attachments

• GOTM_June_2014.png
    GOTM_June_2014.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 465
Congrats, Kuro! A beautiful instrument, well conceived, well executed, and a well-deserved win!

Thank you everyone! I'm honored to have even had my build up with these other fine instruments.

Now the question remains: which of your GOM's are going to be featured under your posts? -They won't all fit; there are too many!  :icon_jokercolor:

Well done Kuro Uma, such a unique guitar. I'd still like to know how you did artwork on it? :)

Back