VOTE HERE! July 2022 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the July 2022 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting ends 7 days from the date of this post.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Heh.  2nd month in a row of a tie.  Does the GOM program need a tie-breaker procedure going forward? :)

More folks need to vote  :icon_thumright: 16,000 members and always around 25 votes. With only a small clique of consistent voters it becomes partly a bit of a popularity contest IMO. Everyone should vote!!!!

Congrats to boconnell and fingolfen on the fine execution of nicely quilted and flamed guitar bodies.
:headbang:

Thanks to the 2 people who voted my Ash top strat.  This triple humbucker equipped guitar exceeded my expectations, so it's been a lot of fun.
:turtle:

It's interesting how people have different design preferences.  I have also looked long and hard at the Fender Lead II bodies on ebay, so that's something that's quite appealing and I personally voted for vetteman's interesting creation.  Good job!
:party07:

I really like the Lead II's body size as it is smaller than a strat body and very easy to play while sitting.  Not sure I won't eventually change pickups though, and if anyone else is contemplating this, it took a lot of very careful sanding of the neck pocket to get the strat neck to fit.  I don't know if the factory neck has a smaller heel or if my particular body was routed really small.  Overall, it is a pretty decent guitar and I like that body with the vintage tint neck, which is a combo not offered by Fender (at least until they see the pics and realize they screwed up!)  :laughing7:

One piece maple neck is a classic combo with the single coils.  It has a fair contribution to the tone IMO.  Let us know how you go with the pickup search.

I should check out the Lead body - I've never played one...

My guitar came about because I loved the Noventa Jazzmaster, but honestly hated all of the colors it came in. I played one at my FLGS (Favorite Local Guitar Store), and liked the tone, the fretboard, everything... but the body... so Warmoth to the rescue again! :D

I'd manually cleared cookies and the cache because another site had been having issues... didn't work (though it did fix the other site)... but I'll give it a try...

Edit: Yeah, the old standby worked... though I don't know why the manual clear didn't... wIErD...  :dontknow:

Back