VOTE HERE: February 2011 Guitar of the Month

Vote for the February 2011 Guitar of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hadda go with Spider's checkerboard tele.  Natural wood is nice, of course, and Marty's short-scale padoukacaster was particularly badass in its execution - but somewhere in my brain "I Want You To Want Me" plays every time I look at those checkers.

Bagman

bagman67 said:
Hadda go with Spider's checkerboard tele.  Natural wood is nice, of course, and Marty's short-scale padoukacaster was particularly badass in its execution - but somewhere in my brain "I Want You To Want Me" plays every time I look at those checkers.

Bagman

Well, even I wouldn't vote for a guitar called padoukacaster. And it's not short scale - it's 25.5" with a 7/8ths body.

Just a thought: On project guitar, some ppl will leave pros and cons for ea build in the comments, as a builder, I really liked that.

There have been two PMs regarding the format of the poll.

The contestants and entrants names and descriptions were intentionally withheld from the poll.  This was done in an effort to have the thread with submissions actually viewed, the choices considered, and the voting to be as absolutely fair as possible.  There was some thought of including thumbnails with the poll, and currently the resizing, and re-hosting of thumbnail images would create a workload that exceeds the man-hours available to make that happen.  If there was a way to place a thumbnail next to each poll entry - that might make it more desirable, but I have not explored that possibility as of yet.  As it stands, we'd have just another list of images, as seen in the submission thread, so it would be redundant.

No names were put on the poll selections to avoid giving advantage or disadvantage to persons based on their level of exposure and/or popularity on the forum.

It was the greatest desire to achieve two objectives:  The first was to make things as fair as possible, and the next was, with deference to the first objective, to let the guitar speak for itself as much as possible.  All that, and keep some degree of entertainment value, and avoid any ill will or squabbles.

Hey... I just voted! (the real me, that is)

I'm loving the new GotM contest layout. 
1 suggestion: have a link to the submissions thread?

NonsenseTele said:
Oh, the poll ain't show the result after you have voted  :icon_scratch:

I was undecided between Spider's Tele and Marko's Strat... went with Spiders...
exactly.

Dude, you have to put the pics in the same thread. Switching back and forth between tabs to check numbers etc... is a real pain in the ass.
MULLY

I agree, pics in the same thread as the poll. that being said, THAT BASS!!!! HOLY CRAP!!! DAMN, that thing looks sick! I really liked the other guitars, but I just have to vote for that bass. damn, it's neat!

Märkeaux said:
NonsenseTele said:
Oh, the poll ain't show the result after you have voted  :icon_scratch:

I was undecided between Spider's Tele and Marko's Strat... went with Spiders...

NANDO!!!!???? I can't believe it! my wood is way more sexy than Spider's wood!!  :icon_biggrin: ;)

Agreed- it's the only one there that I would love to have.

I also voted for one of the Telecasters - but it's shame there's not more pics of that soloist.  The simplicity of that thing is just gorgeous.  Did I miss that build thread?

No brainer for me, but there were a TON of really nice ones. I agree, its a great way to start it off!

Superlizard said:
Not showing the results until finished is a wise move indeed.   :icon_thumright:

I don't understand why, I mean - I like it for the 'change of pace-ness' but don't understand the
'wisdom' piece? Unless of course you mean people are deliberatly changing their votes one
way or another based on a 'current standings' issue, which is stupid. Vote for what you want,
so who cares if whatever only gets one vote and its yours... /confused.

Anyways, lota cool axes... find myself wanting to vote for a tele again, which is highly
unnerving.

ORC

ORCRiST said:
Superlizard said:
Not showing the results until finished is a wise move indeed.   :icon_thumright:

I don't understand why, I mean - I like it for the 'change of pace-ness' but don't understand the
'wisdom' piece?

Because there's an easy way to circumvent the single vote per poster thing and have more
than one vote using aliases.

Closing the results until the poll is complete assures a completely unbiased result, as much as can be unbiased within the scope of polls virtual environment.  It prohibits undue campaigning on "election day" (election week?).  It adds anticipation, and encourages participation.

After looking a bit - there is currently no way to add thumbnail images to the poll itself, only to the thread below it.  I can see no reason for image redundancy, and there is some benefit from having folks go over to the submission thread and actually have a look at it, rather than just come to the poll, pick one, and vote.

Next month, names and possibly descriptions will be included with the poll.

Consider the thread beneath the poll as "exit survey" space, and you're free to submit additional images, or discussion.  However, intentionally skewing the poll, such as posting a picture of guitar X, and calling it guitar Y in your post, would probably be cause for the post to be deleted, if not immediately corrected.

I'm not a fan of this closed voting system. Half of the fun of the GOTM polls before was excitedly watching the numbers grow, in anticipation of who would win.
Now that we can't see the results until the end, it's not fun anymore.

You guys are turning this into too much of a system. It's like some sort of anonymous election process instead of just a bunch of forumites posting pics and voting on what they like best. :dontknow:

Somebody's always gonna bitch about something. I'm glad the contest is being continued. It might not please everyone but it's cool it's still here. I guess the bottom line is if you don't like it don't participate. Either that or shut up and vote. This thread is for appreciation for some builders hard work not pissing and moaning. On that note I will shut up and cast my vote for the checkerboard tele. I remember that build thread and that dude was kickin ass. Had it painted and repainted all in 20 minutes IIRC. :party07:

I think keeping the poll blind is a good thing.  For example, I have in the past not voted for someone because they were already winning by a large margin.  This keeps things as objective as possible.  The only suggestion I have would be to allow three pics in total so contestants can get one whole shot, one body close up, and one rear shot.

Firebird said:
I have in the past not voted for someone because they were already winning by a large margin.

I don't understand. You chose not to vote for the guitar you thought should win, because there was a high probability that it was going to win? :icon_scratch:

Back