VOTE HERE: February 2011 Guitar of the Month

Vote for the February 2011 Guitar of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did vote for the guitar that I liked the most in that case, but seeing the landslide taking place I went with the unpopular one because I thought it deserved at least one vote from me.  It was as if I knew guitar A was going to win anyway, which I could of easily voted for, but seeing the poll stats before the poll closes made me decide to go with guitar B.  I assumed that is why the polls are being done a different way now.  If I didn't see how bad guitar A was beating everybody I probably would of voted for it.  This has only happened in one case where I was really torn between two guitars, though.  The only way I can think to explain what the difference would be is that the blind poll yields less bias based on the current stats.  I'm not saying that someone can't just vote for the guitar they like most in the first place, but that decision might be affected by the poll stats.  This has only happened once for me anyway when I voted for cracked pepper's guitar...sorry ORC. :laughing7:

A reminder -

VOTING ends at about  7pm (more or less) Eastern Standard Time, on 2-14-2011

Once again, lots of complaints about how the poll is being run.  Can't we all just roll with it?  While it would be convenient to have the entry pics in this thread, it's really not that hard to bring up the poll in one window or tab and the entry thread in another.  The hidden poll results are neither better nor worse, just different.  So what if it is a system?  There is merit in doing it this way.

What part of the complaining don't you all get?  That's what ultimately drove DMRACO to stop.  Not saying there isn't room for improvement but it seems like some folks just won't be happy until no one feels like running this!

CrackedPepper said:
Once again, lots of complaints about how the poll is being run.  Can't we all just roll with it?  While it would be convenient to have the entry pics in this thread, it's really not that hard to bring up the poll in one window or tab and the entry thread in another.  The hidden poll results are neither better nor worse, just different.  So what if it is a system?  There is merit in doing it this way.

What part of the complaining don't you all get?  That's what ultimately drove DMRACO to stop.  Not saying there isn't room for improvement but it seems like some folks just won't be happy until no one feels like running this!

Amen to that my brotha'  :headbang1:
I agree with every thing you just wrote...

the rules have been set in a form that they are published, and the format is established.

now because of all the foolishness of the last try to do this we have a set of rules and format that was discussed and agreed to be what would be best

I can live with that

Now everyone who cannot, instead of ruining what we all have and wanted, go start your own forum and your own contest, we will sit back and see how it goes.

otherwise

STFU

I thought voting ended at 7pm?  Its dang near 9pm and no results?  What is this... Palm Beach County ????

CrackedPepper said:
Once again, lots of complaints about how the poll is being run.  Can't we all just roll with it?  While it would be convenient to have the entry pics in this thread, it's really not that hard to bring up the poll in one window or tab and the entry thread in another.  The hidden poll results are neither better nor worse, just different.  So what if it is a system?  There is merit in doing it this way.

What part of the complaining don't you all get?  That's what ultimately drove DMRACO to stop.  Not saying there isn't room for improvement but it seems like some folks just won't be happy until no one feels like running this!

Yeah some people just like to whinge and bitch about everything. Instead of appreciating that people are doing something nice for them. I personally want to thanks the guys running this for doing such a great job, and for taking the time out of their workdays to organize it all.   :icon_thumright:

Back