VOTE HERE! December 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which instrument should be the December 2013 Guitar of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired, so let the voting begin, and let the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after all voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Odd - the voting thing is showing me the results of the voting so far after I cast my vote. It always used to just show my vote and nothing else until the contest was over. Hope this is supposed to be happening this way - it's definitely not the way it used to work.

I don't know why, but for some reason it wouldn't let me check the usual option of showing the results at the end.  The option was there, but the selection circle wasn't clickable. 

The best thing about the GOTM contests on this forum is that there are no losers because even the ugly ones are pretty darn good. (I've had a least voted guitar and I *still* love it!)

This is very true! In fact my green guitar is the current No. 1 leader of the bottom of the pack bunch, but it's still a damn great guitar!

GOM said:
I don't know why, but for some reason it wouldn't let me check the usual option of showing the results at the end.  The option was there, but the selection circle wasn't clickable.

This happened to me several times when I was running it.  I never figured out why that happened sometime.  No worries.

:sign13: Would anyone like to see a contest of just previous GOM entries that got 2 or fewer votes?  We're always trying to think up a couple interesting contests to do throughout the year. 

GOM said:
:sign13: Would anyone like to see a contest of just previous GOM entries that got 2 or fewer votes?  We're always trying to think up a couple interesting contests to do throughout the year. 

I'd like to see that.  :)

We did - last December was 2nd place contenders for the prior 10 months (January having been the GOTY).

Could always do best collection of Warmoth guitars but put a reasonable limit to make things fair.  Pick your best 2-5 guitars to submit, perhaps?

Or builders who have done pairs of guitars that compliment each other - basically the same colors and woods on a Strat and a Tele, or a guitar and a bass.  That could be a fun contest too.

Also - Maybe there should be a poll asking about some of these GOM themes and you can vote for any that you would actually enter, then we can get an idea of whether or not we would get a good contest if we chose that theme. 

How about a contest for guitars that have never won, but have been entered at least two or more times?

You could call it a two-time loser contest.

Back