VOTE HERE! August 2018 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the August 2018 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

The time for submissions has expired and the entries are now viewable in the Submissions thread, so let the voting begin, and may the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after voting ends 7 days from the date of this post.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions!

Tremendous axes all, but oddly my vote was easier to cast than I thought it would be.  BEst of luck, y'all!

Bagman67 said:
Tremendous axes all, but oddly my vote was easier to cast than I thought it would be.  BEst of luck, y'all!
Yes, same here. It sort of started out as ”wow, this is going to be so hard to pick just one guitar to vote for”, but now when the time came to do just that, I found myself choosing without hesitation.
Good luck to all. These are all winners really.  :yourock:

Definitely one of the more stacked GotM we’ve had in a while I’d say, but one caught my eye just a bit more. GL to all!

I agree, exaN. There are some truly good ones this time. Whoever gets GOM will really have earned it.

:icon_thumright: to all.

I'd like to vote this month, but I can't - I mean come on guys, where's the paint? Not a single 50s Cadillac colour, not one glittery fairground ride of a guitar? Sheesh.

Apologies to BLB, I'm not ignoring your excellent art - it's quite a piece of work - but I'm pretty sure I can still see wood on the front there.

@GOM: Next month it's 'no grain showing' month, right? I'll make it worth your while.

I'm joking of course.

Incredible line-up (again) this month and not a bad one among them, but not a difficult vote for me either and, what the heck - even though it seems to have become the norm not to reveal or hint at ones vote before the outcome - I'll even explain why; it's not as if anybody's going to be influenced by my opinions. Of course, personal taste comes into this as well, but...

With no disrespect to the other entries, four make my shortlist.

Two of them are more or less straightforward 'classics' and make the shortlist by virtue of their simple perfection in terms of part selection, finish and faultless assembly. One of these two has earned my vote previously. Both are just great looking guitars and both have had their progress well-documented on the forum.

One is an 'out of nowhere special' - again, great parts selection, a super-clean looking build and, this time, a bit of a variation from the norm. If there'd been 'just out of the box' and/or 'a work in progress' threads, my decision might well have been more difficult. This is the reason for me blethering on - other members have raised this before, but it certainly makes a difference to me if I'm 'in' on the planning stages, thought processes and build of an instrument before it appears in GOTM.

So, after all that, my vote goes to a guitar that ticks all the previously mentioned boxes and also adds in a measure of originality and unique design too. An absolutely superb project from start to finish.

TL;DR? Don't blame you. I'll go back into aestivation now.

WOW.  Really tough month to pick.    There are 3 or 4 that really knocked my socks off.  Some original work by all!

6 votes, I am happy with that. Thanks All.  Better pics Here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=29713.0

Congrats Rgand! Impressive win considering every single entry this month was a real looker. I'm surprised I even got a single vote :laughing11: .

Congratulations Rgand! A well deserved bit of recognition to top off what has been a very impressive project to follow.

Thanks, Everyone. I'm honored. Especially in light of all the wonderful guitars that were entered. Beautiful work, all. :icon_thumright:

It was a helluva field, but you pull out a well-deserved win. Congrats!

Back