VOTE HERE! April 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest

Which guitar should win the April 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah, some of the others are so cool too! I really like the killer "denim" tele. The custom guard and control plate are super sharp looking, and if I wasn't so broke from building mine, I'd probably have bought out Warmoth's showcase of everything roasted maple by now.

There's a special place in my heart for Strats with that Wilkinson bridge too. Not gonna lie, that combo usually steals my vote when it comes up, and this month there were TWO? Best Strat bridge ever. (Best bridge ever?)

To anyone thinking of making guitars a bit beyond just finishing and assembly... you can do it! Warmoth has lots of great stuff that helps take "baby steps"! I would've been too scared to do the whole body myself, but a custom body blank from W really eased my mind. With the neck pocket fit/angle/depth all sorted, and the bridge holes accurately placed in a precisely planed and dimensioned blank, I was free to hone my woodworking skills on other aspects of the guitar making process.

Gotta also shout out to Spitfire Vintage pickguards too. There's legitimately no photo that does full justice to this stuff, there just isn't. It's as close to the real-deal old-school stuff as you'll get, and it's gorgeous compared to the PVC salami stuff that's common these days. I've had several techs ask me where I got it from, fully assuming that it was Vintage and I'd found an uncut NOS blank or something. Spitfire will hook you up. They worked with me to come up with this translucent version of the pickguards, and without their willingness to try out something new, this guitar wouldn't be as cool as it is.

I agree, the Denim Tele was seriously gnarly. All of the guitars were! Every one of them fit my tastes. My favorite thing about yours wasn't the pickguard, or the lighting, or even the pickups. The color of it just made me smile. I'm a big fan of that kind of green.

A friend of mine passed away a few years ago. Every time I go over to his house (where his wife and son still live) the first guitar I pick up is a surf green telecaster. Something about that color just draws me. No fancy top, nothing special, just a stand-out in-your-face color.

Congratulations B3Guy. Making something both utterly cool and totally ostentatious is no mean trick.

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride...but this was this highest mine has placed yet!

Congrats b3guy! Killer axe.

swarfrat said:
Always a bridesmaid and never a bride...but this was this highest mine has placed yet!

Well, if it's any consolation, I voted for you. And since my choice didn't win, I'm considering smashing the storefronts of some of the local businesses and looting the hell out of them, burning down some of my neighbor's houses and trashing their cars, and throwing anything I can lift at any cops who show up. That's the appropriate response, right? That'll make your guitar the winner!

Haha, or use it as a club to smash his.  I'm just a sucker for anything BK. I have to stop browsing once in or a while or something will follow me home.

Edit to say - just having fun. I don't wish to take anything away from B3G's spectacular axe in any way. Maybe my next build I'll do an edge lit pickguard.

Just want to stop by and give a hearty thumbs up to this month's winner.
That jagstang? is MEGA badass!  :headbang:

I LOVE the raw molten lava idea, and that it lights up just takes it to a new level of art!
I also like the rusting effect. Gives it a post apocalyptic 1950's steam punk kind of vibe and I could definitely see this guitar played at Burning Man, at night with the light on!  :headbanging:
:yourock:

Back