Using Warmoth waterslide

Mandalie

Do many members here use the decal they give you with a new neck? I never see people posting pictures with them... My neck is pretty plain maple and it just wouldn't look right without a decal.

I use their metal decals

148794123420257500_resized.jpg

I don't really know how well warmoth guitars are thought of out in the open world. Will it be looked down on if it was a warmoth logo on it? Ha

It basically boils down to this:  Most folks will see a partscaster and write it off in the first instance.  Folks who are in the know will see a Warmoth sticker and know that as partscasters go it's likely to be a decent quality axe.  But you're still not likely to ever see your Warmoth parts appreciate in value the way older Fenders and Gibsons and Gretsches do.

I don't recall a waterslide from them, but they used to give you both a logo sticker with clear background sized appropriately for the headstock, and an opaque sticker sized as a bumper sticker whenever you bought a neck or body. Today, you get neither. But, the smaller sticker wasn't used for headstocks very often because unlike a waterslide, it was too thick and would be very difficult to embed in a finish, and they wouldn't do it for you when they finished the neck, either. So, you'd have to stick it on the surface of the wood (or finish), and it just looked tacky/amateurish. As has been pointed out, "partscasters" aren't held in high regard to begin with, so a half-assed sticker didn't help matters much.

They do have the embossed Warmoth emblem available again for a few bucks, and that actually looks pretty good because there's no carrier for it. The letters themselves are individually adhesive and somewhat three dimensional. If you want to declare your instrument's pedigree, that's a decent way of doing it.

Maybe it is. My memory is far from being as reliable as I'd like it to be :laughing7:

After awhile you won't bother with it.  I think you'll have to make your own waterslide though.  Some people think it looks better without the decal, like a jacket without a logo.  I always wondered about that.  Then again, I never got a tat or a nose ring, so what do I know.

Rick said:
After awhile you won't bother with it.  I think you'll have to make your own waterslide though.  Some people think it looks better without the decal, like a jacket without a logo.  I always wondered about that.  Then again, I never got a tat or a nose ring, so what do I know.

Anybody seen these?

Nothing screams Warmoth like.....nothing.

Attachments

• area-left-blank.jpg
    area-left-blank.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 357
  • Warmoth_Necks_2018.jpg
    Warmoth_Necks_2018.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 382
Mandalie said:
Why would I have to make my own waterslide?

You don't have to, but the possibilities are endless. Plus, it's not hard to do. You can buy blank waterslide stock that's inkjet or laser printable and design anything your little heart desires. For example, I sometimes do headstocks with my name on them...

IiMKjA1.jpg

Well I guess it was just a sticker and not a waterslide.... Lame. I guess I'll keep it blank

I built my first Warmoth almost 10 years ago and I’m still not sure if I like blank headstock or custom decal better... I’m not a big fan of the Warmoth logo though (sorry Aaron!).

Back