Unofficial Warmoth will soon be getting a new coat of paint...

rgand said:
stratamania said:
I notice we now have a like button.

I like that.
:turtle:
I tried it out on your post. It works. :icon_thumright:

That's cool. When I saw that, I initially thought it was some kind of a Facebook thing. This is much better.

line6man said:
Is there a way to disable the "likes" thing?

I don't think it can be individually. If the general consensus is to get rid of it, I will remove it.

My personal opinion would be to get rid of it...
One could always add the new emoticon  :yourock: if they felt it necessary.

If there is going to be a "like" option, then there ought to be a place to post selfies, and a way to change our relationship status every two days.  :blob7:

I have to say... one thing I really like is that posted pics now seem to scale to the window. Like when you see someone posted a pic that's a bajillion x quadrillion pixels. Nahh... I'm not gonna click on that.

Well, I just clicked on one by mistake... and waddya know!  :kewlpics:

Slackjaw said:
I have to say... one thing I really like is that posted pics now seem to scale to the window. Like when you see someone posted a pic that's a bajillion x quadrillion pixels. Nahh... I'm not gonna click on that.

Well, I just clicked on one by mistake... and waddya know!  :kewlpics:

If the rest of the facelift had been bad (which it clearly isn't - though I'm not a big fan of the like button either) it would have been worth it for this one thing.

On other forums, with like buttons they can be a useful thing. It doesn't mean it's like Facebook.

They can be used to click on to alert someone that you have replied to something they posted for example or to confirm in the case of this forum that some advice given in answer to a question is useful and so forth.

stratamania said:
On other forums, with like buttons they can be a useful thing. It doesn't mean it's like Facebook.

They can be used to click on to alert someone that you have replied to something they posted for example or to confirm in the case of this forum that some advice given in answer to a question is useful and so forth.

Yup...I find it very useful this way. A lot of times I just skim through threads, and seeing a post with many "likes" usually lets me know it is worth paying attention to, either because it has useful information, or because it is funny, ironic, or clever.

Also, seeing that a poster has many likes lets me know that person typically provides useful information, or is often funny, ironic, or clever.

Yeah, the "like" feature can be useful. We've had it on TalkBass for a few years now, and it comes in handy, on occasion. I was just annoyed that this forum's implementation was giving me a "social media" vibe. Thankfully, the size of the "total likes" counter, beneath each user's avatar, has been decreased a bit. Personally, I don't care for the numbers or the cumulative rankings; I just want to see a little list of the members that have liked each particular post.

Back