Unofficial Warmoth will soon be getting a new coat of paint...

Logrinn said:
One thing:

The icons next to the different categories have a very slightly different color if there's new unread posts:

Is it possible to have the color difference somewhat more obvious? It's easy to miss as it is now.

That would be my only complaint, too.

Definitely need to standardize the avatar sizes.  Half of them look like mid-thread sponsored adds you see on some forums.

After looking at this for a while, I find the user blocks on the left a bit cluttered looking and the names are a little hard to read. Is there any way to change the blue name strip at the top to white or something less obtrusive? That would make the names a little more legible, too.

Other than that, the things I would like to see have already been suggested by others.

I tried making my avatar photo larger, but it's a little too much at 200x200. I'll see how it looks with a 150x150 photo.

EDIT: Ugh, that's no better. I'll go back to 100x100.

2nd EDIT: Meh. Maybe a whole new one is in order.

It's alright, I guess.
Would it be possible to have a dark theme option?
The newest rendition of GotM banner looks great.

AutoBat said:
Would it be possible to have a dark theme option?

But please no white (or otherwise light/bright) text on black (or otherwise dark) background – it's hard on the eyes. :tard:

I love the new little turtle guy.  :headbang1:

unofficial_logo.png

I like it. 

Can we have the button back that can make all unread topics read??

I could suggest a few CSS fixes for things. For example the icon sizes on narrower display widths determined by media queries could have something like this applied:

Code:
a img {
    border: 0;
    max-width: 65px;
    margin: 5px;
}

I'm happy to help out further if needed as I'm a web designer / developer...

I've noticed on my IPad when I use the Login Button, I have to enter username and password each time. I touched Register but found that then I am already logged in.

That seems a bit odd.

Another thing I noticed is that the forum seems way much faster now.

:icon_thumright:

stratamania said:
I've noticed on my IPad when I use the Login Button, I have to enter username and password each time. I touched Register but found that then I am already logged in.

That seems a bit odd.

I've been encountering this for a long time, I basically just disregard it. From the login screen I just click the "Recent Unread Topics" link and it takes me right in, no login necessary. It is odd, but not as troublesome as if you actually had to re-login upon each return.

Verne Bunsen said:
stratamania said:

That seems a bit odd.

I've been encountering this for a long time, I basically just disregard it. From the login screen I just click the "Recent Unread Topics" link and it takes me right in, no login necessary. It is odd, but not as troublesome as if you actually had to re-login upon each return.

Yep, we know about this problem but haven't found away to fix it yet.

Why (oh why) is the

Pages: 1 [2] 3

about 2 microns tall when you need to click on it to get to the next page while the thingy showing you how many views a thread has got in about 8 times bigger?

amigarobbo said:
Why (oh why) is the

Pages: 1 [2] 3

about 2 microns tall when you need to click on it to get to the next page while the thingy showing you how many views a thread has got in about 8 times bigger?

Having taken a peek at the sites source code and seen how it's been built, there's many thousands of lines in one style sheet file alone. Given there are multiple stylesheets used, the size issue you've flagged is likely down to the devs having to wade through a lot of style selectors to tweak them so that they are working for both cursors on desktops and fat fingers on touch devices when making their site responsive.

It can be a time consuming job to iron out all these kind of 'conflicting styles' and with every user having different requirements and expectations [devices, browsers, resolutions etc], subsequently it's not always easy to get right upon first launching it - even if you do beta test it exhaustively before hand!

Given time I'm sure it will be sorted though.

In the mean time I'm trying to hold off sending a list of suggestions for improvements I would make if I were working on this site... e.g. reducing some of the white space - i can see long posts lengths and max post counts per page being heavy on the scrolly finger... :icon_biggrin:

frown said:
Having taken a peek at the sites source code and seen how it's been built, there's many thousands of lines in one style sheet file alone. Given there are multiple stylesheets used, the size issue you've flagged is likely down to the devs having to wade through a lot of style selectors to tweak them so that they are working for both cursors on desktops and fat fingers on touch devices when making their site responsive.

It can be a time consuming job to iron out all these kind of 'conflicting styles' and with every user having different requirements and expectations [devices, browsers, resolutions etc], subsequently it's not always easy to get right upon first launching it - even if you do beta test it exhaustively before hand!

Given time I'm sure it will be sorted though.

In the mean time I'm trying to hold off sending a list of suggestions for improvements I would make if I were working on this site... e.g. reducing some of the white space - i can see long posts lengths and max post counts per page being heavy on the scrolly finger... :icon_biggrin:

We will be making changes here and there that we feel are necessary or useful.

jholla said:
We will be making changes here and there that we feel are necessary or useful.
I see some improvements already. Thanks for getting right on things.

Logrinn said:
Another thing I noticed is that the forum seems way much faster now.

:icon_thumright:
I've noticed that, too.

Back