Unofficial Warmoth will soon be getting a new coat of paint...

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Hey errbody,
With the increasing use of mobile devices, the handsome devils who run UW have decided to update it to a responsive design. You are going to see a whole new look in the next couple days.

Don't freak out. Functionality will stay essentially the same, but you should find the forum much easier to use on phones and tablets.

First person to whine about the change or ask when basses will be added to the visual builder wins a free dinner for two.

wacky-mac-macaroni-and-cheese-dinner-5-5-oz_1993589.jpeg

Let me be the first to complain! I want that dinner! :blob7:

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. If I recall, this forum has had a few facelifts over the years, and we got used to them fairly easily.

Mmmmm... mac & cheese! Including mobile devices in functionality is a good move. Congrats.

That stuff's got real cheddar. If you guys were serious youdda had something w/Velveeta. :tard:

double A said:
Functionality will stay essentially the same, but you should find the forum much easier to use on phones and tablets.

Sounds great. I often check what's going on here on the forum on my smartphone.

Glimmer said:
That stuff's got real cheddar. If you guys were serious youdda had something w/Velveeta.

Velveeta! Yeah boy........... Just so happens I live in the town where it was invented. Too soft, almost cheese, our claim to fame.

(Don't tell anyone, but I really LOVE cheddar! Heretical talk like that could get me kicked out of the neighborhood!)  :laughing7:

Booom, there it is.

If you want your avatar to be crisp and clear you'll have to upload a new one, as they have gotten bigger.

If you see any other weirdness, let stick it in this thread.

And while I was posting my cheese rant, the MAGIC HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!v  :icon_jokercolor:

This looks awesome on mobile now. It'll be easier for me to browse this at school...

Yeah, looks great. Exciting! Now let's see how it looks on my smartphone ...

Yep, works great and looks awesome. Much easier on the eyes.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

double A said:
If you see any other weirdness, let stick it in this thread.

Coupla quick things:
1. Ain't no "mark all threads as read" button on the "recent unread topics" page.
2. The "Actions" button in the upper right corner of individual posts seems an unnecessary step since there's only one we can perform: "quote." If other actions are not in the works, why not just have it say "quote" as before?

Glimmer said:
Coupla quick things:
1. Ain't no "mark all threads as read" button on the "recent unread topics" page.
2. The "Actions" button in the upper right corner of individual posts seems an unnecessary step since there's only one we can perform: "quote." If other actions are not in the works, why not just have it say "quote" as before?

1. I'll look into that next week.
2. There are other actions for moderators/admins

It may just be my phone, but when I'm looking at threads, the user icons are all different sizes, and some are huge. It would be nice if they were all scaled to the same size.

I'm old, don't have a smartphone and I hate change :(    (I know I'm not first but is that grumpy enough?)

Whoa! That's different. I know after a few years, It'll look normal.

Actually, it's fine. I can now put that 12" x 24" avatar photo I've been working on. Glad to hear the smart phone crowd will have it easier.

Now I'll go try it out.

One thing:

The icons next to the different categories have a very slightly different color if there's new unread posts:

146623648183403500_resized.jpg

Is it possible to have the color difference somewhat more obvious? It's easy to miss as it is now.

The actions button, does have options for your own posts. I'd just leave that as it is.

The member "statuses" no longer show up.

Back