*** Unofficial Warmoth "ROCK Like an Egyptian" Giveaway! ***

GOM

Exciting news everybody!

The good people at Warmoth have donated a guitar body to our very own wood-burning wizard, Great Ape, for him to work his special magic on!

Not only will we be getting to see the work in progress, but...

One lucky forum member will win the body!

To register for the drawing, post in this thread. *To be eligible for the drawing, you must have have a post count of 10 or higher by the time the body is complete.*

This giveaway is open to all forum members, old and new, but please: don't be a dick. If you spam the board to get 10 posts, register under multiple IP addresses or aliases, or cheat in some other way to game the system, you will be disqualified. Disqualification is at the discretion of the mods, and their decision is final. If you feel this is unfair, please do not enter the contest.

Small print (with possibly more to follow):
Drawing: The draw will be made after the body has been completed. The winner will be picked at random from all the forum members in good standing at the time of the draw who have posted in this thread. The drawing will be done by GOM, and the results are final. Any forumite who protests, complains, or otherwise whines about anything related to this contest will be disqualified. Let's keep it fun and positive. Obviously, Great Ape, GOM, and employees of Warmoth are not eligible to win.

Prize Specs: The prize will be the body only, including Great Ape's artwork. Body specifications: Warmoth basswood Soloist body, 3lbs 3oz (1.45kg) with contoured heel. Routed/drilled for 2 Humbuckers, Wilkinson VS100 tremolo, 1 volume, 1 blade switch and a 7/8" side jack. The artwork will be as already agreed between Great Ape and Warmoth and will be revealed as this thread progresses. The winner will be responsible for all other components, assembly, etc., with no warranties or guarantees from anyone, for anything.

Shipping: Great Ape will ship the body directly to the winner. The winner is responsible for any/all import fees, taxes, duties, or any other additional or unexpected shipping expenses that might be incurred. All peril related to this prize rests with the winner. Great Ape, GOM, Unofficial Warmoth, and Warmoth offer no warranties or guarantees, and shall be held harmless from damages or unexpected expenses of any kind related to this prize.

Oh that's awesome of you guys to do it! Hopefully I win, would be my first Warmth.  :toothy10:

I'm not sure I'd even build it into a guitar. Just build a display case, and show it off forever.

5390419_std.jpg

Yes, that's a Great Ape. No, no. You can't touch it! Don't even look at it!

You just got a doctorate. You can't buy those, and they certainly don't give them away. I know you had to work your ass off, but there was still a committee of hateful dingbats involved and you won, didn't you?  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
You just got a doctorate. You can't buy those, and they certainly don't give them away. I know you had to work your ass off, but there was still a committee of hateful dingbats involved and you won, didn't you?  :laughing7:

I would say it was a triumph over ignorance, but all it really taught me is how much there is that I don't know.  :icon_scratch:

T89Rex said:
I would say it was a triumph over ignorance, but all it really taught me is how much there is that I don't know.  :icon_scratch:

Hehe! Yeah, at first you start to feel like Br'er Rabbit. Think you know how to get out of a jam, and end up with bigger and bigger problems until you're paralyzed in your own machinations. Then you realize that the more you know, the more you know you don't know. That's why god invented beer. Because he loves us and feels sorry for us  :laughing7:

I'm in..Greg does some fabulous work, plus I like to take some qwerky puns at him... :toothy11:

Back