Unique choice flamed koa top Strat body arrived!

Gil Music

Greetings, new to this forum and this is my very first post!

My custom order flamed koa top alder back Strat body is arrived!
This is a beauty!! I like the darker wood grain in the middle of the body and of course the flames!

Will pair it up with wedge neck and Lace Sensor pickups, can't wait for it!  :turtle:

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 192
Beautiful top!  My #1 player is a Warmoth Flame Koa over Black Limba chambered Strat body.  IMHO, Flame Koa makes one of the most attractive tops to be had! 

Bill, tgo

Yes Flame Koa does have its magic, so many different wood grains
this is my first Koa top guitar and I cannot guarantee this is my last :)

Gil Music said:
Yes Flame Koa does have its magic, so many different wood grains
this is my first Koa top guitar and I cannot guarantee this is my last :)
Yes it is something spectacular...My first Warmoth was the VW with flamed koa and birdseye maple neck...
41242455932_107353c507_z.jpg

Good gravy that is a sweet top! That is going to be so wild once it is complete! I bet it looks way cooler in person too, it's hard to capture the 3-d effect via photograph.

Can't wait to see it all put together. Wenge neck will be a bold contrast, a very exotic style. What kind of fretboard?  :yourock:

SeaGroomer said:
Good gravy that is a sweet top! That is going to be so wild once it is complete! I bet it looks way cooler in person too, it's hard to capture the 3-d effect via photograph.

Can't wait to see it all put together. Wenge neck will be a bold contrast, a very exotic style. What kind of fretboard?  :yourock:

Yes it looks amazing in person!
Fretboard is also Wenge, my build is half way through, you can see my updates in the "work in progress" forum section! :rock-on:

Back