Ugly or not?

Miskatonic

This guitar:

2cnw4jo.jpg

With these pickups:

2jfxfo1.jpg

Hehe, it took a while here before the pics showed up so I saw Agwan's answer before I saw the pics - which made me answer "ugly" before they were loaded :toothy12:

kböman said:
Hehe, it took a while here before the pics showed up so I saw Agwan's answer before I saw the pics - which made me answer "ugly" before they were loaded :toothy12:
I knew agwan's answer before i scrolled down :blob7:

Ugly? No.
My color? No.
Guitar & pickup combo? Great!
Would be awesome with a sparkly silver suit!

Ugly? Nah. Would I ever buy it? Probably not. Colored guitars aren't really my thing, though. In general, I prefer wood's natural beauty.

It's a nice looking guitar, but not my cup o' tea. :)

I don't like it, but that's because it's too purple and 'cartoony'. In real life I expect it would look much different, and as long as it wasn't too brash, I'd probably think it pretty decent.

ESP have already made lots of EC guitars just like that, purple flame and quilt tops is a standard of their LP copies. Chrome, black chrome or smoked chrome works with it better than black, I think. Especially if you go with the burnt chrome pickup covers, it'll be odd if you have that much colour there but then the rest of the hardware is plain ol' black.

But yeah, generally I think it looks pretty good. Though, good luck getting that shade of purple. Usually it'll come out a shade lighter and either significantly more pink or significantly more blue than that. Seems that proper middle purple is hard to get when dyeing wood.

Awesome looking guitar,........................... check.  :icon_thumright:
Awesome looking pick ups,....................... check.  :icon_thumright:
That awesome looking guitar with those awesome looking pick ups,...................... ummmmm, no.  :tard:

They would clash from a purely aesthetic point of view. Same pick ups in nickle would be much better.  :icon_thumright:  :eek:ccasion14:

Death by Uberschall said:
Awesome looking guitar,........................... check.  :icon_thumright:
Awesome looking pick ups,....................... check.  :icon_thumright:
That awesome looking guitar with those awesome looking pick ups,...................... ummmmm, no.   :tard:

They would clash from a purely aesthetic point of view. Same pick ups in nickle would be much better.  :icon_thumright:  :eek:ccasion14:

+1 on my views too, but YMMV....  :dontknow:

It's funny how some people like to poetically say they don't like it, ie... nice guitar, nice pups, both together, no. Hey, Strap on a pair and just say you don't like it. Don't try to impress us with your clever response

I used to be one of the " I like natural wood " too.  Till I got one.  Boring......Color is cool. And your mock-up is awesome, that's a guitar of the month just waiting to be built.

I think you should bring your vision to reality. Too many here are stuck in a box, and evidently it's a small box. Hell if it was hot pink I'd like it.

Ugly or not?    NOT

Back