Two Teles

willyk

Both have strat necks and 5 way switching. All Warmoth parts. The canary/mahogany hollow body has a JB in the neck and a StagMag in the bridge. The padauk/walnut lefty has a PearlyGates neck and a Custom/custom bridge pickup.

Attachments

• pp0021_1.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 1,046
  • tc0034_1.JPG
    tc0034_1.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,084
Nice builds.....but these pictures beg the question are you able to play right handed AND left handed?

Nice observation Gregg. Maybe he plays both at the same time like Michael Angelo Batio. :laughing7:

The question probably is if I can play at all...
I'm a lefty Gregg. I built a J bass and the Korina hybrid for myself last year and a few blokes over here asked me to build Warmoth guitars for them. So I became an equal opportunity builder.

willyk said:
The question probably is if I can play at all...
I'm a lefty Gregg. I built a J bass and the Korina hybrid for myself last year and a few blokes over here asked me to build Warmoth guitars for them. So I became an equal opportunity builder.
Ah, cool. Hey, isn't Wednesday right now in Australia?  :icon_biggrin:

No mate right now it's Monday. But we get Wednesdays once a week, usually about 14hrs. before you guys........

Dig it.  My next build after my bass will be a Tele with a Strat neck.  I always thought Steve Morse's guitar was too cool for words. 

Question:  Will Warmoth rout the body to accept the Strat neck without a gap?  I guess a better way to put it is will Warmoth put a Strat neck pocket on a tele body shape? 

Greg P said:
Dig it.  My next build after my bass will be a Tele with a Strat neck.  I always thought Steve Morse's guitar was too cool for words. 

Question:  Will Warmoth rout the body to accept the Strat neck without a gap?  I guess a better way to put it is will Warmoth put a Strat neck pocket on a tele body shape? 

Yes to the Strat neck pocket on a Tele body. That would be non-returnable though. If you're using a pickguard you'll need that altered around the neck area too. We used to be able to do that but not sure if we can anymore. Your Warmoth rep can tell ya.

Back