Tummy Cut

rockskate4x said:
why isn't the strap button on the upper horn?  :icon_scratch: ???

It was a spur of the moment decision. I may change it, but for now I'll stay with it.

dmraco said:
I want to know how everyone gets their wiring so neat...mine always looks like a birdsnest!!!

I wired it outside of the guitar with one of those soldering helpers with a magnifying glass and two alligator clips.

bpmorton777 said:
Nice work :icon_thumright: I like the burstover you did on the back of the neck and headstock. :hello2:

Brian

Thanks, I debated on whether to do it or not. I was urged-on by a friend to go ahead and do it.

It was a fun project. I'm still fine tuning the nut. The headstock logo didn't turn out as nice as I wanted. I'll live with it for now. :dontknow:

I'll throw a couple more pics up as soon as I've finished with the set-up.

[/quote]

I wired it outside of the guitar with one of those soldering helpers with a magnifying glass and two alligator clips.

[/quote]

I think I have some alligator clips laying around here.... :laughing7:

solder station/ solder helper.. I took a look at those and the one I could find had too little room between the arms for anything useful for me. I ended up using a piece of cardboard cut out from the box warmoth shiped my neck in. used a hole punch and placed all the pots and switch on it to solder it all up. :party07:

Brian

dmraco said:
I want to know how everyone gets their wiring so neat...mine always looks like a birdsnest!!!
The simple answer is short runs and a good layout.  Lay the wire you're using down along the exact run, tucked out of the way and everything, then cut the length.  The "helping hands" alligator clip thingy is great for holding it steady.  Use someone else's cavity pics first as a guide.

try not to laugh at this birdsnest...hey...it works
this was my 1st start to finish wire job...they do not get much better.

dmraco said:
dmraco said:

Pull-ties or zip-ties, whatever you want to call them, help clean up the wiring some. It doesn't show on my pic, but I still have to do that.
Later, i'm going to add a 5-way.

Back