Truss Rod Maxxed Out On A New P-Bass Neck

The truss rod on my new Warmoth P-Bass neck is fully tightened.  The set-up is good now with light gauge strings.  But if I switch to heavier gauge strings, or I need to tighten the neck in the future, I can't.  Is there anything that can be done about that?
Thanks.

Sure, google dan erliwine and truss rod.  What I’ve done is take the neck off , put it between two blocks, lossen the truss rod, hung a weight off it for two weeks.  Bent it in the right direction.  I think making a jig is better cause it’s quicker.

Thanks.  I guess my question, though, is, since it is a brand new Warmoth neck, shouldn't there be more play in the truss rod?  I tightened it less than 3/4 turn in total to get the proper neck relief.  Is this normal?  I am wondering if I should seek a replacement from Warmoth.

cfass@comcast.net said:
Thanks.  I guess my question, though, is, since it is a brand new Warmoth neck, shouldn't there be more play in the truss rod?  I tightened it less than 3/4 turn in total to get the proper neck relief.  Is this normal?  I am wondering if I should seek a replacement from Warmoth.
[/quote

If it's a new neck I think I would definitely contact Warmoth about it

cfass@comcast.net said:

Take into consideration that it was manufactured and shipped from Pacific Northwest in one environment to you wherever you happen to live.  There is bound to be subtle or significant fluctuations in humidity and temperatures.  More often that not, this is seemingly inconsequential, but on occasions, your experience may be replicated.

Take into consideration that it was manufactured and shipped from Pacific Northwest in one environment to you wherever you happen to live.  There is bound to be subtle or significant fluctuations in humidity and temperatures.  More often that not, this is seemingly inconsequential, but on occasions, your experience may be replicated.

So is there a remedy in that case?

I dunno the circumstances but one thing for sure if you don't call the mothership nothing for sure is going to happen on their part. 

Also, what happened when you put on heavy gauge strings ... did it change anything?

Spoke to Warmoth.  The tech said that there should be 3-4 full turns in the truss rod.  He suggested that it would probably be OK to push past the stoppage.  It made me nervous, but it worked.  Thanks for the replies.

Phew ... Glad it worked out ... What kind of wood was it.  I 've found rosewood to be more stubborn than mahogany.

cfass@comcast.net said:
Spoke to Warmoth.  The tech said that there should be 3-4 full turns in the truss rod.  He suggested that it would probably be OK to push past the stoppage.  It made me nervous, but it worked.  Thanks for the replies.

How do you push past the stoppage ?

Back