Truss rod cover for Warmoth headstock.

On my Warmoth and Vortex headstock I've used PRS-compatible wood truss rod covers I make myself. I like the design because it only requires 1 tiny screw instead of the 3 relatively big pickguard-sized ones you'd use with Warmoth's plastic cover.

Here are a few I did on my Warmoth builds and PRS as well:

FR78aRl.jpg

vtTnfgi.jpg

RYbxdvc.jpg

VsSHJer.jpg

Tkly3FX.jpg

bfbz6Ss.jpg

GhajK6i.jpg

docteurseb said:
On my Warmoth and Vortex headstock I've used PRS-compatible wood truss rod covers I make myself. I like the design because it only requires 1 tiny screw instead of the 3 relatively big pickguard-sized ones you'd use with Warmoth's plastic cover.

Here are a few I did on my Warmoth builds and PRS as well:

FR78aRl.jpg

vtTnfgi.jpg

RYbxdvc.jpg

VsSHJer.jpg

Tkly3FX.jpg

bfbz6Ss.jpg

GhajK6i.jpg

Those are super cool!

On my rosewood necks I like to get a couple of pieces of thin rosewood off the web and craft my own.  Best to order more than one as the color and grain varies. 

I have had Doug make a custom one from aluminum.  Sorry for the poor photo

Attachments

• Photo on 2-6-21 at 8.14 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2-6-21 at 8.14 AM.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 143
I got the inspiration for this from Ibanez but without the low part. Doug made it, I highly recommend him.

YXWus5F.jpg

The price is not for the faint of heart, but a friend of mine here in Japan is an excellent silver work designer and he has done some beautiful trussrod covers that work on Gibson and PRS. As a side note, he used to live in New York and Lenny Kravitz was a customer.

https://shopjay.com/products/list.php?category_id=62

gingataff said:
The price is not for the faint of heart, but a friend of mine here in Japan is an excellent silver work designer and he has done some beautiful trussrod covers that work on Gibson and PRS. As a side note, he used to live in New York and Lenny Kravitz was a customer.

https://shopjay.com/products/list.php?category_id=62

Those are beautiful, and so very Japanese. Everything - no matter how mundane - is elevated to an artform. Folding paper = art. Writing = art. Pruning shrubbery = art. Truss rod cover = art.

Back