Tru Oil Finishing

stratamania said:
You know you could get some various wipe on finishes and experiment on some wooden board as a test before committing to putting it on a guitar body. With most of these things there are often no right or wrong answers it is more about finding what works for you.

There are also finishing type kits available from a company called Wudtone that you might want to explore. I have not personally tried this but it might be something to look at. Though I am not sure if they ship the finishes worldwide nowadays.
So I ruminated over this and decided to have Warmoth finish it. I went with Black to binding, none in the back, Amber Dye on the front, and black on the back. Given that I am hoping not to do another build for a long time, if ever, I decided going down the learning DIY route just was more stress than it was worth. Thanks to all for the help though. Now I just have to wait months for the body to be delivered. Until then I have my nice Warmoth Strat to play!

Ozopart said:
stratamania said:
You know you could get some various wipe on finishes and experiment on some wooden board as a test before committing to putting it on a guitar body. With most of these things there are often no right or wrong answers it is more about finding what works for you.

There are also finishing type kits available from a company called Wudtone that you might want to explore. I have not personally tried this but it might be something to look at. Though I am not sure if they ship the finishes worldwide nowadays.
So I ruminated over this and decided to have Warmoth finish it. I went with Black to binding, none in the back, Amber Dye on the front, and black on the back. Given that I am hoping not to do another build for a long time, if ever, I decided going down the learning DIY route just was more stress than it was worth. Thanks to all for the help though. Now I just have to wait months for the body to be delivered. Until then I have my nice Warmoth Strat to play!

Well done.

uh, but why, would you wish, to never do it again ???  that just dont compute :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

teleme01 said:
uh, but why, would you wish, to never do it again ???  that just dont compute :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
Lack of budget, not lack of desire!

Back