Trem Claw holes

Ted

Hi Guys,

Quick question for the Strat owners out there.

Do Warmoth drill the tremolo claw holes for you as per pic below?

bridge_routing_trem_cav2.gif

Thanks, Ted  :icon_thumright:

They drill pilot holes, you usually need to make them a bit larger.

Yes they drill the pilot holes for the claw per that drawing; be advised that MANY tremolo claws that come from a lot of sources OTHER than Warmoth have screw hole spacing NARROWER than the default pilot holes that Warmoth drills, which line up with the claws in all the tremolo bridges they sell. If you do not purchase the tremolo from Warmoth they cannot guarantee the holes will line up. You can always drill additional pilot holes yourself, no big deal....

I have a Callaham Vintage 6 hole bridge with trem.

Hopefully that will fit as I'm a bit nervous of drilling around those parts.

Check to see if Warmoth sells the claws separately and buy one. If the one supplied with the Callaham fits, you can return it...or save it for youe next build  :evil4:

I have Callaham Vintage 6 hole bridge on a Warmoth Strat body and it is a perfect fit.

ibob74 said:
I have Callaham Vintage 6 hole bridge on a Warmoth Strat body and it is a perfect fit.

Ditto. Big Callaham fan here. As said above, wax the screws, and take your time.

Ted said:
Schweeet! Thanks guys.

UPS have emailed, should get the parts today.

Great Ted, now remember the rules.......pictures as soon as the box is open :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Got the neck yesterday.

Its a beauty... I'll post some piccies on the weekend.

I decided against a Korina body in the end and bought a relatively cheap Warmoth finished Alder body (Charcoal Frost), after chatting to one of my friends about his "finishing" nightmare. 

Ted said:
I decided against a Korina body in the end and bought a relatively cheap Warmoth finished Alder body (Charcoal Frost), after chatting to one of my friends about his "finishing" nightmare.   

and I thought you were a thrill seeker :eek: :eek: :icon_biggrin:

ha ha...

no I'm a no-no...I just realised I cannot finish the body myself within the constraints of my flat.

BUT still kind of borrowed your / warcripp's idea!

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=1618.0

Charcoal Frost & Mint pickguard.....that got me thinking...so...

Its going to have a real hacked up vibe and won't look very "clean"or "pretty". I wanted to replicate the feel of a guitar which has been upgraded in a not very thought out way i.e. white pickup covers, mismatching knobs and mint green pickguard. I'll see if I can pull it off...  :icon_scratch:

I'll promise to post lots of pics.   

Back