Trem Claw Grounding?

thembones

I have a warmoth body/neck I am SUPER impressed with the fit, it's better than most american stuff i have tried.
I cannot seem to find a hole for a wire to go back to the trem claw
I am getting terrible buzz the place i play is usually bad but this is the worst of any of my guitars, i am guessing the missing trem/claw ground may be the culprit?
if for some reason i am just missing the hole can i drill one?

It should be on the lower side towards the middle of the trem cavity, nearer the hole through the body than the claw. Maybe you are looking too close to the claw?

Here is a picture of where the hole will usually be found. It will be in the corner of the side wall and bottom of the trem cavity in this sort of position. If for some reason it is not as long as you have a suitable drill bit such as an aircraft bit you could drill one.

Final_Assembly_3 by stratamania, on Flickr

Thank you all.
I found it.
I am almost embarrassed but I will admit I was looking at the wrong side  :doh:

"There are no stupid questions.  Just smart-assed answers." - One of my University Profs

BUT this is a 22 fret longer neck so I have to remove the neck to get the pickguard off or at least really loosen it :(

That photos is kind of the SOP from trem mounting.  I have also used one of the holes on the actual trem block, threaded it and attached the ground there with a screw.  The block was brass to it was an easy process.  I would post a photo but that was for a customer and the build was sold.

Thank you one and all
I got it grounded tonight and big difference!
Oddly this is the first time I have owned SSL1 but I really like them.

IeDrsw5.jpeg

6dQLCll.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-3886.jpg
    IMG-3886.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG-3885.jpg
    IMG-3885.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154
Back