Translucent Sonic Blue - My second build

tupps said:
Do you have any finish on the neck?  I know it's not needed with Roasted Maple, just curious!

jcmusic said:
Yeah, I'm wondering about the neck too.  Looks a bit darker than both of my roasted flame maple necks.  It is tinted/stained at all?

I've put two thin layers of Tru-Oil on it. That for sure made it darker, but the neck itself was darker than average.

That is one classy looking guitar.  The neck is a one in a million and the gun stock oil finish really makes that serious flame pop.  I like how it darkens the neck too and makes it really stand out against the body.  What a great combo of colors!  Beautiful Job!  Thanks for sharing!

Can you tell me a bit about how you painted and finished this beauty? I'm trying to achieve the same look with an upcoming build.

MS508 said:
Can you tell me a bit about how you painted and finished this beauty? I'm trying to achieve the same look with an upcoming build.

It is not my guitar and  I don't think the OP is very active on the forum. But it is as stated in the post. The body is a Warmoth finish in Translucent Sonic Blue gloss. The neck is roasted maple with two thin layers of Tru-oil applied by the owner of the guitar.

It is not my guitar and  I don't think the OP is very active on the forum. But it is as stated in the post. The body is a Warmoth finish in Translucent Sonic Blue gloss. The neck is roasted maple with two thin layers of Tru-oil applied the owner of the guitar.
[/quote]

Thank you. I guess my confusion lies in the fact that Warmoth seems to no longer offer a translucent Sonic Blue. I thought maybe the OP finished it himself. It's a killer look.

MS508 said:
Thank you. I guess my confusion lies in the fact that Warmoth seems to no longer offer a translucent Sonic Blue. I thought maybe the OP finished it himself. It's a killer look.

Agree it is a great look. You could always check with Warmoth sales to be certain.

I had a trans sonic blue done by warmoth maybe two years ago. It's an off menu thing, you just have to contact them and they'll do it for a small charge (I think it was $40).

Back