Trans red or red dye?

GuitarDaddy

Can someone tell me which one comes out darker over flame maple?  I'd like to get close to this color.
Randy

478598-1.jpg

check this out...maple top with red dye...korina back with trans red...

hope it helps.

Also consider first dying black and then sanding back enough to still leave black in the grain. You'll get a more pronounced grain pattern and a darker overall result.

The dyes will give a much deeper visual effect with the figuring.  The tinted transparents are generally used for woods that do not dye well.  As mentioned, the black dye sanded back and then red dyed will give a dramatic contrast, and look durn purty to boot.
Patrick

dmraco said:

hope it helps.
That's a nice one there Dave, but I feel sad for you about that gapping hole where a Floyd Rose goes........... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:

hope it helps.
That's a nice one there Dave, but I feel sad for you about that gapping hole where a Floyd Rose goes........... :laughing11:

opposed to the hole in the back left by the floyd?!?!.... :icon_thumright:sorry...never been a floyd fan...80s metal = Kahler....

back to topic...black and sand back...then red.  I also hit with some 0000 steel wool after the red.  It will help it pop a little more.

dmraco said:
DangerousR6 said:
dmraco said:

hope it helps.

opposed to the hole in the back left by the floyd?!?!.... :icon_thumright:sorry...never been a floyd fan...80s metal = Kahler....

back to topic...black and sand back...then red.  I also hit with some 0000 steel wool after the red.  It will help it pop a little more.
:icon_biggrin:

Back