Traditional headstock adjustment on Gibson conversion necks

rainfall

I would love to build a Gibson conversion neck with adjustment at the headstock.

My ideal build is a strat shaped neck with gibson scale, adjustment @ head. Binding is the cherry on the pie.

I think it's all possible with the current options, except for the adjustment at the headstock.
Genuinely curious: isn't this a simple option to implement?

Post script: I am left handed, so the side adjustment on modern construction necks don't exist to me. I kind of don't want the side adjustment anyway since they conflict with the screw position of many of my American Deluxe fender bodies.

All Conversion Necks are modern construction. That means adjustment will be at the headstock on any titlback style neck, e.g. Hombre, Warmoth, Vortex, Nomad. Any straight headstocks will have it at the heel.

thanks Aaron! I did not notice tiltback headstocks had adjustment at the head. That might do it.

I know it's personal taste, but if you were to build do a HH carved top soloist with string through TOM, which headstock shape would you choose? (if adjustment location wasn't an issue)

I care most about the playability and feel, so headstock shape is second priority to me - that's why i wanted to hear others'  thoughts.

The Arcade is the natural choice with a Carved Top soloist, but I would also consider a Vortex if you like 3+3.

Hey....what do you know: here is a video that shows a Carved Top Soloist with a Vortex Gibson Conversion neck. It's your lucky day!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/7DmNWFLU_3k[/youtube]

That's a pretty awesome axe!  :party07: :party07:

I know it has a 1/16" lam top, but what's underneath that, is that a maple or "core" top?

Example: if I choose mahogany back and flame maple top, would the layer underneath the 1/16" lam top be maple or mahogany?

rainfall said:
That's a pretty awesome axe!  :party07: :party07:

I know it has a 1/16" lam top, but what's underneath that, is that a maple or "core" top?

Example: if I choose mahogany back and flame maple top, would the layer underneath the 1/16" lam top be maple or mahogany?

The layer beneath is usually the non-figured counterpart of the lam top itself. I.e. Flame Maple/Maple, Birdseye Maple/Maple. For exotic woods we will usually use Mahogany, i.e. Zebrawood/Mahogany, Koa/Mahogany.

Whatever woods we use, it will always be spelled out clearly on the website.

Back