Total reconstruct ft. Mr Doot - "The Burning Hill"

fdesalvo

What a night.  Had to pull the track down and build it from scratch.  All kinds of frustrating technical issues.  I think my 2011 Mac Pro tower is ready to give up the ol' ghost - or it's any of the numerous, quirky updates since Jobs passed...

Well, here we are.  Back with a decent mix and good enough to hang my hat on for today.  I'll need to do a light remix/master to bring up the low end energy a bit, but the new bridge concept worked out to my liking.  Maybe the low end is fine and it's these new monitors and room.  Maybe it's me.  Maybe it's you.  I really like the new format of the song, since it's been catching me off guard.

I moved away from the Mesa sound that the original had and went back to my 80s roots and goosed a Silver Joob and 800 for the rhythm.  I also adjusted my palm muting to be less percussive, giving the edge of the notes a bit more decay or, "jing jing," as it were.  That lends itself towards the more dated tone I was going for.  The solo still sounds like a mournful cat pining for some midnight lovin', but I can't get away from that autofilter tone on this one! 

Anyway, hope you doods diggit.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/frankdesalvo/the-burning-hill[/soundcloud]

Damn, Frank. Good stuff. I do like the cat solo.  :icon_thumright:

Back