Too Flashy Even for Me? (Naaaaahhhh....)

ok here it is!
IMG_20230420_061215_159.jpgIMG_20230420_061220_494.jpgIMG_20230420_061229_403.jpg

Some notes:
1 - it's sparkly!
1.1 - neck is arrow straight and I could get low action with no fretwork. I did set up the nut mind you.
2 - humbuckers are a lot darker than telecaster pickups
3 - full floating trems are interesting, but they are a PITA when playing country licks - it goes out of tune on the held note!
- Comes with the territory I know, but I didn't expect it to be that bad...
4 - stays in tune, even with massive bar wankage.
5 - threaded inserts on the neck (naturally).
6 - those funky hipshot tuner back plate things are pretty cool!

Gotta go play now...

That guitar turned out great, what a beauty! And the ”logo” on the head stock looks great, too! Try to build something a bit more flashy next time 😜 … seriously, doesn’t look too flashy to me!

An update!
The funky floating bridge turned out to be too much of a PITA with my style of playing. I replaced it with a HipShot 6 hole bridge, and decked it. I may even block it. But that was a great improvement.

I also didn't like how the volume control responded; it got muddy quickly. So I put a little network made up of a 100k resistor and a 10n cap in parallel across the hot and wiper terminals of the volume pot. Much better.

I'm finding the guitar a lot of fun to play. It's definitely a rock and roll beast - you can play leads and riffs all day long and it sounds great.

and here it is hanging out with a Kashmir!
IMG_20230505_070249_488LoRes.jpg

P.S. anyone want a VegaTrem VT1 / wide spacing bridge in stainless designed for a 6 hole route? If you pay postage, free to a good home.

An update!
The funky floating bridge turned out to be too much of a PITA with my style of playing. I replaced it with a HipShot 6 hole bridge, and decked it. I may even block it. But that was a great improvement.

I also didn't like how the volume control responded; it got muddy quickly. So I put a little network made up of a 100k resistor and a 10n cap in parallel across the hot and wiper terminals of the volume pot. Much better.

I'm finding the guitar a lot of fun to play. It's definitely a rock and roll beast - you can play leads and riffs all day long and it sounds great.

and here it is hanging out with a Kashmir!
View attachment 59698

P.S. anyone want a VegaTrem VT1 / wide spacing bridge in stainless designed for a 6 hole route? If you pay postage, free to a good home.
I'd love to try the bridge, happy to pay the postage. PM me if it's still available and we can share details!

This guitar turned out great! Very nice combination of bling + chrome, IMHO. If you meant the "universal mounting plate" on the Hipshot tuners, I agree that it's a great feature. I've used those many times, it's so great not to have to deal with the mounting screws (even if you already have the holes drilled in the right place, you're asking for trouble any time you insert/remove screws). Well done!

Beautiful guitars! Who could resist playing either of them (not me)?
I'm going to check out your pedals....

Gorgeous axe, Trevor. Yet another one you can point at and be sure of being the only kid on your block - or planet - who has one like it.

You are a man of simple taste. A fully bedazzled guitar isn’t much to ask for. 😂

Seriously, it looks amazing! I love that color. Nicely done!

Back