Tonerider pickups: (spefically the humbuckers) any love for 'em?

Don't know about the humbuckers but I've got a set of vintage tele pickups and they're great - I actually prefer them to the very expensive (relatively) Fralin pickups I have in my other tele. Go figure...

I've used a couple different sets of their strat pickups and found them to be very high quality and they sound great.  Huge bang for the buck.  I'm considering their P90-in-a-humbucker model.  They are cheap enough that they are worth trying.

I have a rocksong set on this one and they sound great!

I wish the bridge pickup was black instead of zebra though

September62009012.jpg

This thread made me have another look at the Tonerider line. I might well put a set of their A2 humbuckers in my Swede to see what happens - the pickups I have now are a bit brash and shouty.

I have a set of AC2s in an Ibanez AS73 artcore and in the neck position on a Walnut bodied tele (tonerider hot classic tele bridge). Love the AC2 ... it's very close to SD Seth Lovers or Gibson 57 Classics (both I which I have had in the past).

I put a pair of their A4`s in a Tokai LP and they transformed it! Really good pickups imho!Have a set of the vintage specs in my blackguard tele rep and they sound good also.Very good value for money!

Marko said:
I wish the bridge pickup was black instead of zebra though

September62009012.jpg

If that's not a perfectly good excuse to undertake a whole new build, I don't know what would be.

Bagman

Got one of Toneriders' Generator bridge humbuckers, it's great! Sounds excellent in my LP standard with the Duncan Jazz in the neck. Sounds very "woody" and alive, it's similar to the Duncan JB, except no harsh upper-mid/treble spike, a bit fatter & tighter bottom end, and plenty of bite. It's definitely staying in there indefinitely! I would definitely buy another one down the road, it's not just a great pickup "for the price tag", it's just a great pickup period! I think I might get another one for my PRS SE singlecut...    :headbang:

Back