Throw out those Warmoths, they're obsolete! (snif....)

...brilliant use of mismatching screw finishes for the switch on the jackplate.

I find it kinda amazing that supposedly top-notch companies like Gibson & Fender will often take out multiple full-page glossy color ads in all the guitar magazines, using the same pictures - showing a guitar with strings that fall off the edge of the fretboard, strings that entirely miss the pickup polepieces by 1/8", frets and fret ends you could use to saw teeth with.... I mean I understand that if you plop down $1,200 - $6,000 sight unseen for a Gibson or Fender at the Muziscum Fiend website you're taking your chances, but can't they make the effort to at the very least photoshop the INTERNATIONALLY-PROMOTED EXEMPLAR GUITAR so as to try to appear that they give a crap about whether it will work correctly?
(Obviously) it be would way too much trouble to pick out a guitar where the strings line up right (gee mebbe there ain't none :icon_scratch:) but can't they even pretend? O.K., sorry.

"Click to enlarge":
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100202850

Vibrato that high E, huh? :dontknow:

Whatever you might say about Paul Reed Smith guitars*, they do give great picture... the frets always look nummy. Ibanez, Washburn, Schecter and a number of other Asian-based manufacturers at least know the value of attractive pictures, and it goes right to the various company's intelligence & direction. When even your PROMOTIONAL division can't seem to give a rat's patootie about whether their guitars sell or not, imagine how enthused the wage slaves are. :sad:

*(I'd play every free one you gave me!) :hello2:

stubhead said:
"Click to enlarge":
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100202850

Vibrato that high E, huh? :dontknow:

Priceless! Good find  :icon_thumright:

""""It just occurred to me.  On a 1/4"/XLR combo jack like that, they're usually on mixing board inputs, which presents no issue.  That kind of combo can only work with the XLR input end.  The 3 terminals would be in the way on the output end making the 1/4" part useless.  If using the XLR, it would require a special chord with 2 input ends on it or a $5 dollar output/output coupling.  The only advantage I could see of the combo is that it would eliminate any temptation to use both outputs if it had separate XLR and 1/4" out.  """""

this might be Gibson's master plan to force buyers to get their proprietary guitar cable and charge a crazy amount for it. cables cost next to nothing to make and always have huge markups. Example: a major name brand 10 foot USB cable costs the retailer less than $1.50 and the sales price is over $22. Im sure gibson will make a killig on the cables.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
""""It just occurred to me.  On a 1/4"/XLR combo jack like that, they're usually on mixing board inputs, which presents no issue.  That kind of combo can only work with the XLR input end.  The 3 terminals would be in the way on the output end making the 1/4" part useless.  If using the XLR, it would require a special chord with 2 input ends on it or a $5 dollar output/output coupling.  The only advantage I could see of the combo is that it would eliminate any temptation to use both outputs if it had separate XLR and 1/4" out.  """""

this might be Gibson's master plan to force buyers to get their proprietary guitar cable and charge a crazy amount for it. cables cost next to nothing to make and always have huge markups. Example: a major name brand 10 foot USB cable costs the retailer less than $1.50 and the sales price is over $22. Im sure gibson will make a killig on the cables.

Brian

fudge that! Even if I wanted one of those things, I would make my own and then laugh at the people who use the authentic Gibson cables.
And don't worry, I'm sure that I can get the screw on each connector to match. :tard:

Is it me, or does that output jack look like a 1/4 and XLR combo jack? Does the switch convert the jack between the two formats?  :icon_scratch:

Death by Uberschall said:
Is it me, or does that output jack look like a 1/4 and XLR combo jack?

Yes, that's what it is.

I've got eight of them on my FirePod. They are quite common these days on various audio equipment.
535188.jpg

nathana said:
For those who don't wanna click through and still want a peek, here it is...

DT1.jpg

Reminds me a bit of a super-modern Les Paul's LP. Still ugly, but without retro-cool

Is it just me or does this new Gibson have a bit of a Zemaitis feel to it?
Unwound G said:
Next they will have a gooseneck mic stemming out of the side of a Les Paul and name the guitar "The Les Paul Model Les Paul".  Peter Frampton and Joe Walsh may just buy one each and use that with a talk box.
*cough* Les Paul Personal
gibLP70p5.jpg

=CB= said:
Thing is, like the LP Professional before it, Les himself designed those pickups and the circuitry to his own liking.  Les played one of those on stage quite often, and if not a Recording, then he played one of his modified Professionals.  I'm guessing  he stocked up on pickups, because he had some really interesting looking guitars, all made with those huge low impedance pickups.
The pickups were designed by Overlend for Gibson, maybe Les had an input into what he wanted, but I understand that Overlend did the major part of getting those low impedance pickups up and running. Overlend later became EMG.

So that explains why EMGs are perfect for a Les Paul!!!  :toothy12:

AMEN!!! lol
they are amazing with a les paul.
course now im gonna try a set of the Tremonti treble and bass pups in my next one.

Is it me, or does that output jack look like a 1/4 and XLR combo jack? Does the switch convert the jack between the two formats?  :icon_scratch:
wtlw.gif

alexmyla said:
So that explains why EMGs are perfect for a Les Paul!!!  :toothy12:

AMEN!!! lol
they are amazing with a les paul.
course now im gonna try a set of the Tremonti treble and bass pups in my next one.
Trader!!!  :toothy11:

lol well i gotta branch out ya know! i;ve got a pair of EMG's in my EVH wolfgang too, and in my Ibanez SZ 720 (sold that one actually)

Unwound G said:
Next they will have a gooseneck mic stemming out of the side of a Les Paul and name the guitar "The Les Paul Model Les Paul".  Peter Frampton and Joe Walsh may just buy one each and use that with a talk box.

I was thinking more of this..............
lespaulguitar.jpg

Back