This is a first

Miles

Well make that two firsts. This is my first time on this forum, and my first build. The body and tremolo system just came a few hours ago, and I'm amazed at the quality of the finish and quilt. I can't wait to get the neck in and put this baby together. The body is a strat, top rout, and with a maple quilt in green. I'll be putting a canary wood neck on her, a Wilkerson VS100 tremolo, lace gold singles, graphite nut, and Schaller locking tuners. I had a ton of really nice guitars at one time, but children came along and every one of the guitars was sold for diapers lol. It's been about 10 years since I've really played, but wanted to pick back up again. Nothing can soothe the mind and body like playing. I'll get some photos up as soon as my daughter gets home and can tell me where she put the camera.

Welcome to the forum.
I had a period of time out myself, and yes, it is great to get back into it.

Word of advice though.  This crowd REALLY likes pictures.
There may be severe ramifications if none are provided.
:icon_jokercolor:

Sounds like a great build.

James

My daughter's home so now I have my camera back. Here is what I have so far.

101_0584.jpg

101_0585.jpg

Cool! Great start and welcome to the club. I am another who took a lot of time off from playing and just got back into it a few years ago.

I didn't really play guitar at all from the time I was 24 or so until I was around 35 (I started when I was 13). Now I'm playing better than I ever did. Good luck with your Warmoth. I dig green guitars. :icon_thumright:

Very cool Miles, nice geetar body. You'll love the canary, it's some good stuff....... :icon_thumright:
And welcome to the insanity.... :headbang1:

GREEN GUITARS ROCK!!!!!!  :headbang: :eek:

You're my new best friend on the forum miles  :toothy10:

You'll love your green strat!

n517473612_1282492_5423.jpg

n517473612_1291327_2091.jpg

Very nice greenery  :headbang1:
Welcome back to the real world and welcome to the forum! :hello2:
Yes, you will love the canary neck.  They are smooth like butta...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Green gutiar builders unite!!! :)  congrats.

The gold hardware gives it a very classy look.  Can't wait to see if finished.

Death by Uberschall said:
And green screams for white perloid!!  :icon_jokercolor:

I agree. My perloid guard is no in yet, but I had the white one laying in an old box. So, I used it for the photo.

Thanks to all for the great welcome.

The pickups came today. The neck, pickguard, and tuners show a delivery date of 6/30. I can't wait to get this one done and start on a LP.

Nice looking build!!! should be real nice when its fired up.

I am another that had a 10 year time out after years and years of touring and playing.
Constructed myself a strat last year and so far this year have played gigs every month
and am now off the road recording a c.d.

Working on a Baritone guitar now to use in the New Year :hello2:

Enjoy your new build it sure is an addictive past time.

All of the remaining pieces came today.  :hello2: I'll have her togeather and singing by morning hopefully.

guitar.jpg

7-2-2009guitar.jpg

Back