This guy has some nice guitars.

Jared

His guitars are all over $5,000. They're very nice though. I wish I could make one like the top one.

http://www.nikitaguitars.com/

They're nice, but to be honest, for that kind of money, I am not really impressed.
there's something missing or 'off' about it, don't know what. maybe they look too 'homemade' to me.

or maybe for that kind of money I would expect fancy carved tops, full binding and that kind of stuff

When you scroll down and look at the first spalted maple tele, it looks like someone has forgotten to put the binding on or gave up on the carved to idea.

Meh, something about the huge logos on the rear route covers throws me off...

The lack of a neckplate on the tele's looks stupid, but then again, i have never been much for guitars without neckplates to begin with.

Eh....They're nice, but really, no guitar is really worth that much money (although I have a friend who would beg to differ).  They just don't look that special to me.

I'm going to guess that the 100 year old swamp ash is what makes that one guitar supposedly worth 9 grand. Otherwise, I've seen Warmoth's done by people here that look just as good if not better.

I like how the "Red Neck" guitar is not for sale. So uh, will he make another like it?

Anyway, I kind of dig his "Bluesmaker" one, especially with the way the sound hole is used in the design. But not for $6,800!

GoDrex said:
I'm going to guess that the 100 year old swamp ash is what makes that one guitar supposedly worth 9 grand. Otherwise, I've seen Warmoth's done by people here that look just as good if not better.
Not impressed by his woods... for the price, had to be PRS's stand at NAMM standard :laughing7:

I'm not too impressed by them. They look, like Marko said, too "homemade" for my taste. If I'm getting an instrument, I want it to look like a long time was spent getting a look that will last. I'm just kinda thinking that they don't have good designs.

See, if they were made out of something like when Taylor did those guitars made out of the last liberty tree, that would be something I would expect to be over $5000.  But not those. 

That top one looks like it's not done yet. I've definetly seen better even on this forum.

"I take an enormous pride in creating my guitars." If I bought a $10,000 guitar I wouldn't want one with a lacquer finish that would eventually crack. I could go up to my old woodshop teacher with some special 4,000,000 year old prehistoric dinosaur tree and he could make a guitar that would have whoever this Nikita guy has sold a guitar to  **** bricks. Just my humble opinion. 

Acornz said:
"I take an enormous pride in creating my guitars." If I bought a $10,000 guitar I wouldn't want one with a lacquer finish that would eventually crack. I could go up to my old woodshop teacher with some special 4,000,000 year old prehistoric dinosaur tree and he could make a guitar that would have whoever this Nikita guy has sold a guitar to  **** bricks. Just my humble opinion. 

Gives me his contacts!  :icon_thumright:

NonsenseTele said:
Acornz said:

Chris Kringle, North Pole Kringle@gmail.com.

The 100 year old swamp ash sounds impressive, but I'm ignorant.  How old are the ash one's I've played before?  20, 50, 180, 240?  Did anyone notice the handmade 5-way switch on one of the modles?

Acornz said:
NonsenseTele said:

I was kidding, no way I could buy it (but I'll send a email anyway)...
I've take note of the email, if you wanna erase for security reasons, that's ok!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The 100 year old swamp ash sounds impressive, but I'm ignorant.  How old are the ash one's I've played before?  20, 50, 180, 240?

I would expect to be less than 10 years old... It's suposed to be more expensive to have a lot of wood drying for that kind of time... Sometimes they just get old forniture and saw it (my dream: a XIV century mahogany or rosewood table into a saw  :evil4:)

NonsenseTele said:
Acornz said:
NonsenseTele said:

I was kidding, no way I could buy it (but I'll send a email anyway)...
I've take note of the email, if you wanna erase for security reasons, that's ok!

He was messing with you NT Chris Kringle is Santa Clause!!!!! guess it got lost in the translation but I guess you can mess with him in Portuguese.

ocguy106 said:
He was messing with you NT Chris Kringle is Santa Clause!!!!! guess it got lost in the translation but I guess you can mess with him in Portuguese.

:laughing7:
Guess I can mess him with a Welding machine
evil4.gif

NonsenseTele said:
ocguy106 said:

:laughing7:
Guess I can mess him with a Welding machine
evil4.gif
I concur.

Back