Thinline Bass arrived...

ByteFrenzy

Came in a few days ago, but didn't get round to making pics immediately.
Thinline bass, alder body with Koa top. Routed for MM pup and Gotoh 206 bridge - yeah, i think I may have received the very last one of those...
The neck is plain maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard and Koa veneer peghead.
IWhen I ordered, I asked for some figuring in the Koa top, but explained that I thought the extra cost for Flame Koa was a bit to steep. I can't say I'm disappointed with this one. The neck is also quite nice, I even got some bonus birdseye. Sorry that doesn't show in the pictures but I was too busy drooling to think about photographing the back of the neck...
Now off to some weeks of sanding and oiling. I'll try to post some more pictures as I go along.
Pictures of the body (if all goes well...):

That bass has huge potential! can't wait to see more pics as you put it together. best of luck, it already looks great!
Got a heads-up here at the forum about the whole 206 situation, lost my nerve and ordered a gotoh 206 a while back when ordered som upgrades for my current bass. No body for the gotoh yet but that will not last.... :laughing7:

Wow, that is way cooler then I pictured in my head when I read the title!
Great looking bass.
What kind of pup is going in there?

That top is great!  Good call not paying the upcharge!  That is a sweet looking bass!

Micahbell said:
Wow, that is way cooler then I pictured in my head when I read the title!
Great looking bass.
What kind of pup is going in there?

Seymour Duncan SMB4DS, the ceramic MusicMan replacement with active tone control.
I have a pair of their AJJ1 active pickups with the STC3A tone circuit in my J-bass and I'm very happy with them, so I decided to give the MM a try as well.

Cool.
I have Duncans alnico MM pickup in my bass, with no active controls, and it took a while to get used to but it sounds great!

I'm looking at building a very similar project bass.  Did the neck come with a finish or did you use linseed and Tru-Oil on the maple?

Really nice work!

Back