They've got to be freaking kidding... PRS 1x12 Dallas Amp

Lucky #7

Sweetwater is  usually pretty decent on price. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Dallas11250/

$3300!?!?  Really?  And here I was thinking some of their guitars were absurdly priced. 

Speaking of, their Tonare Acoustic is over seven grand.

Yup, the acoustic prices absolutely floored me the other day.  For that price it should keep your drink cold too, just by being in proximity.

http://www.sweetwater.com/c600--Paul_Reed_Smith--6_String_Acoustic_Guitars

I called PRS the other day to see about getting a hardshell case for my VIP since my local shops dont have a case that will fit it properly and they wanted $198 for the lowest end hardshell.  I ended up calling my nearest guitar center  (60 miles away) and they had one that will fit the VIP for $80.  Going to pick it up on my way to see BB and Buddy tonite.

jackthehack said:
Well, it DOES have a $149 Celestion Vintage 30 speaker in it...

For that price, and if we're sticking to new parts, it should have a Celestion Alnico Gold.

The fact they use a V30 just shows how much they're happy and willing to bend one over.

lafromla1,

the PRS cases wont fit a VIP I have one for the PRS copy I made and it is form fitted exactly for a PRS. Id also like to point out that it isnt the best case in the world. The fluff in it is very cheap and the handel comes off by it's self.  I was a little dissapointed in it for the money I spent on it ($139 at sweetwater). The Fender case I bought for my tele is miles ahead of this PRS case.

Brian

Brian,  thanks for the heads up on the Sweetwater case.  I was almost going to order one.  I ended up buying a Roadrunner case for $80 from GC.  It's a hair long, but I can put a towel at the bottom to compensate for the couple of inches of gap.  Side to side it fits perfect, plus it has a really nice soft neck strap inside to keep it from moving side to side.  I don't plan on flying with it, so it only needs to protect it from stupid crap like people bumping into it or when driving where a soft bag might not offer it enough protection.

The SKB case I bought for my Fender fits like a dream, in case anyone is interested.

They have clearly identified their target market: lawyers / accountants and other MBA types (I've omitted any references to the medical professions out of respect for Doc!).  Shame they don't care to make any gear (guitars included) for the rest of us...

Funny this thread was moved from "general" to "rig". It seems very general to me.

You'd think that they might move stuff from other categories into general, but they'd just leave anything started in general alone. At least, that's what I'd think from all the other forums I've been on...

Well it says: General Discussion - About Guitars and Basses  - - so this topic doesn't really fit there.

GoDrex said:
General is supposed to be about general Warmoth stuff - not just general stuff. That's what off topic is for, since the topic is Warmoth related things. So a thread about an overpriced amp doesn't really fit.

Oh. Well I guess I misunderstand what "General Discussion about Guitars and Basses" means then. And right now in the General category, there's the following topics:

"What strings do you use?"
"G4 Case"
"Jazzmaster Case"
"MIT Media Lab Chameleon Guitar"

And so on. None of that stuff is about Warmoth stuff any more than this one is.

I edited my post - disregard that one you quoted

I always took general to mean that it's warmoth related - I could be wrong though. Seems like amp discussions always go in the Rig.

all of those things are guitar related - not about amps. Sure amps are guitar related, so it's a distinction the moderator has to make I guess.

Oh well. Doesn't matter anyway, I just thought it was strange for this to be moved to "The Rig" when it ended up being just as much about hardshell cases.

Well I don't think what a thread ends up about is as important as what it starts out about  - since that's supposed to be the topic of the thread. Just because it changes course doesn't change that fact.

elgravos said:
They have clearly identified their target market: lawyers / accountants and other MBA types (I've omitted any references to the medical professions out of respect for Doc!).  Shame they don't care to make any gear (guitars included) for the rest of us...

If anyone happened to watch the Grammy's last night, I was forced to by my 16 year-old daughter, PRS could not have gotten a better bit of advertising as they constantly had closeups of Carrie Underwood's lead guitarist who was using a PRS.  Oh and the fact that she was pretty hot too I'm sure had something to do with the constant closeups.  :icon_biggrin:

Back