The Widows Son AKA One Sweet Piece Of Ash.... DONE!!!!

sixstringsamurai

Well it has been a hot minute or two since I updated on the finishing process, that whole being a grown up and going to work thing....The last pics I posted in the JOtB thread was pre Sumi-e so lets start there....

It went on really nice, but on from first wet sand after sealing I was in trouble.
there were a couple spots I burned through the finish.....
And no matter what I COULD not get color to take AT ALL in a couple spots.
SO a back sanding we go annnnnnd.......
WP_20131105_001.jpg

Camera360_2013_11_5_060922.jpg

Camera360_2013_11_5_060929.jpg

Shiny....

WP_20131115_001.jpg

WP_20131115_004.jpg

Annnd the back..
Camera360_2013_11_16_113915.jpg

Camera360_2013_11_16_113956.jpg

Camera360_2013_11_16_114035.jpg

That is a great look, sometimes accidents are the mother of invention.
Speakin' of which, I see I'm not the only one who worked out the mic stand trick... :icon_thumright:
Body-top-curing_zps5a8c13cc.jpg

sixstringsamurai said:
These lil Beauties arrived today..... :headbang1:

001.jpg

I'm glad that these have been popping up a lot lately, I would love to know your thoughts on them.

rapfohl09 said:
sixstringsamurai said:
These lil Beauties arrived today..... :headbang1:

001.jpg

I'm glad that these have been popping up a lot lately, I would love to know your thoughts on them.

That is a sweet piece of ash!!!
Also, I love the Steinburger tuners  :icon_thumright: I have a set on my Firebird and really work great. 
They are kind of a pain to string up until you get accustomed to them, but the ability to fine tune really sets them off.
:rock-on:

NECK!
All I can say is, WOW!!!! :headbang1:

Full of Birdies.. Very subtle grain in the Finger board....

THANKS AGAIN WARMOTH YOU ARE AWESOME!

Now for the Pron...
0032.jpg

022.jpg

Nice, do I detect someone was or is a Free Mason?

but the tuners kinda weird me out a bit... :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
Nice, do I detect someone was or is a Free Mason?

but the tuners kinda weird me out a bit... :icon_scratch:

Is.

The Steinbergers, Although unconventional, and come with a bit of a learning curve, are the best thing out there IMO.
Gearless, and 40:1 ratio, makes em super accurate, and stable. :headbang1:

The invader and tone pot are long gone, I replaced the PU with a GFS "VEH"
AlNiCo 5 overwound to 11.2k with 43 Awg.
Supposed to be their version of the "frankenstein", But it sounds more like EVH's "broken" PAF that reads 0, but still works, and sounds like sex.
:guitarplayer2:

Of course he is. I had to stare at the pics for a loooooooong time before I figured out what the heck he was cluing in on. I decided it was either the apron or the shoe laces. I went with the laces because a shop apron is likely scrap and could be anything, but no adult male who dresses themselves would wear pink shoelaces unless they meant something. only an insider would know what they meant. I sure didnt.

I've looked for free masons, but so far everyone I've called about my retaining wall insists on getting paid.

swarfrat said:
Of course he is. I had to stare at the pics for a loooooooong time before I figured out what the heck he was cluing in on. I decided it was either the apron or the shoe laces. I went with the laces because a shop apron is likely scrap and could be anything, but no adult male who dresses themselves would wear pink shoelaces unless they meant something.
:toothy12:

They are red... 
Although I do own a pair of pink suede and grey plaid Saucony bullets, but those have black laces :rock-on:

Back