The White Chicken...

BigSteve22

This just popped up on Pinterest. I think I'm in love!
6abb8ce565e271ac1e064ae0af52fb54.jpg

:headbang:

That's a little bit confusing...Where the fretboard meets the body is pretty off putting.

It looks awesome though. I've always loved Gretsch guitars.

Axkoa said:
...Where the fretboard meets the body is pretty off putting.
Not quite sure what you mean, neck meets the body at the 17th fret which is pretty common. Maybe the neck angle looks strange compared to a Tele. It's common for a Gretsch bridge to be set almost an inch above the body in order to accommodate the steep neck angle. Notice how high those Filtertrons are set! Check out the neck angle on this Duo Jet.....
6630_Gretsch_57_Duo-Jet_Cadillac_Green_Steven_Stern_UC11120715_1.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
They also did a green sparkle...
As I may have mentioned previously, Cadillac Green on mahogany really floats my boat! Prime example above.

BigSteve22 said:
Axkoa said:
...Where the fretboard meets the body is pretty off putting.
Not quite sure what you mean, neck meets the body at the 17th fret which is pretty common. Maybe the neck angle looks strange compared to a Tele. It's common for a Gretsch bridge to be set almost an inch above the body in order to accommodate the steep neck angle. Notice how high those Filtertrons are set! Check out the neck angle on this Duo Jet.....
6630_Gretsch_57_Duo-Jet_Cadillac_Green_Steven_Stern_UC11120715_1.jpg

Just feels like the end of the fretboard extends a lot further than a tele does. Looks odd to me  :laughing7:

TeleEsq06a.jpg

BigSteve22 said:
This just popped up on Pinterest. I think I'm in love!
6abb8ce565e271ac1e064ae0af52fb54.jpg

:headbang:

Sorry, that doesn't do it for me. It just looks too busy. Like someone tried very hard getting every piece of hardware on it. Sorta like this:

149405517192553900_resized.jpg

Just looks ... strange.

The green Tele without the Bigsby looks better though.
Just my two cents.

Back