THE SLUNK: My lefty Buckethead tribute LP build

keeper006

shadowsnake-albums-some-lefty-warmoth-builds-i-ve-done-picture290-my-lp-tribute-buckethead-chambered-mahogany-body-mahogany-cap-maple-neck-rosewood-fretboard-i-used-6-coats-alpine-white-finish.jpg

This is my LP tribute to Buckethead. Chambered mahogany body with mahogany cap, maple neck with rosewood fretboard. I used 6 coats of Alpine White for the finish.

shadowsnake-albums-some-lefty-warmoth-builds-i-ve-done-picture289-original-floyd-trem-dimarzio-evolution-bridge-tone-zone-neck-chickenhead-vol-knob-mini-toggle-switch-obviously-no-axe-has-association-buckethead-would-complete-without-bright-red-killswitch.jpg

Original Floyd trem, Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and Tone Zone in the neck. Chickenhead vol knob, mini toggle switch, and obviously no axe that has association with Buckethead would be complete without a bright red killswitch.

shadowsnake-albums-some-lefty-warmoth-builds-i-ve-done-picture288-i-did-save-bit-build-picking-up-vintage-80s-warmoth-neck-ebay-instead-ordering-new-one-its-righty-reverse-headstock-i-flipped-lefty.jpg

I did save a bit on this build picking up the vintage 80's Warmoth neck on ebay instead of ordering a new one. It's a righty reverse headstock I flipped to lefty.

shadowsnake-albums-some-lefty-warmoth-builds-i-ve-done-picture287-least-i-think-i-look-cool-since-i-cant-play-like-bucket.jpg

At least I think I look cool, since I can't play like Bucket.

crash said:
Where's the KFC bucket?  What scale it that?

I keep the bucket and the mask for halloween. It's 25.5 scale, I used the Fender length to try to get it close to his, since Bucket's custom oversize LPs are something like 27" scale.

Nice concept and great execution. Not too sure about the headstock.  :icon_thumright:

Back