The One (Complete 4/20/09)

D

dwayneed

Finished it today 4/20/09, added a couple of pics. I will do a review and better pics soon in the Tele forum.

Body:
Thinline Swamp Ash
Transparent black/natural mask binding/black gloss back(from the showcase)
SD Little '59 bridge
SD Vintage stack neck
Parchment pickguard
3 way tele style switching
Volume
Black Ice replaces tone

Neck:
Flame maple vintage satin tint
Fatback
SS6230 frets
Schaller locking tuners
Corian nut

I could speak to all my reasons for all of my choices but in short, this is what works for me. Tone and playability.

Very cool, at least show us the showcase body!  If you already bought it give us the number and we can get the pics.

dwayneed said:
I have finally come to this guitar, as my final build.

For now.... :icon_jokercolor:

But, seriously, sounds like a sweet build!  I think I know which body you got, if that's it then it's a pretty nice one!

Max said:
Sounds like it's gonna be good!
How does that black ice sound, btw?

Definitely not a high gain type sound, very dirty overdrive sound. Into a tube amp it can add a variety of hot overdriven tones. I really like it.

dbw said:
Very cool, at least show us the showcase body!  If you already bought it give us the number and we can get the pics.

I will take some pics tonight, I have the basic body assembly done.

KKorina said:
I'm not really a Tele guy, but that is going to be one hell of a guitar.  :rock-on:

I didn't like teles until I started hanging around this forum and seeing all the awesome designs the people here come up with. This one is nothing short of perfect and has me lusting after a thinline really badly.

can't wait to see the finished product!

Whoo hoo neck shipped yesterday, gonna have to get un lazy and get the wiring done tomorrow.

Your guitar and I were both born on 4-20.

If that is my birthday present, I'm overwhelmed. :laughing7:

I'll gladly pay the shipping costs...that is a sweet guitar.

Back