The New Telecaster

Chris of Arabia

Only the one picture to show off at the moment, but more will be along soon once I've got it back from a friend

2092577131_d58aef8e8c_o.jpg

The body was a Showcase item (PT671 I think). It's a cream bound swamp ash job in metallic spectra blue. It arrived 'sans' wiring channel, which will do for a story at a later date. I routed the neck p/u out to take an SD Seymourised Mini with the Dremel. At the bridge, it's now sporting a Kinman 'Broadcaster', all of which is wired into a 4-way Fender switch and an S-1 control set I picked up off eBay - miracle of miracles, it all worked first time of asking. The bridge is one of the Wilkinson compensated 3-saddle jobs. The neck is AAA Birdseye Maple, 10.5" constant radius fretboard, boatneck profile, with SS frets (6105s I think). It's topped off with a set of Gotoh Locking Vintage Oval Knob Tuners I got from Stew-Mac.

As a bit of an aside, this is the first time I've ever levelled the frets on a neck, but it's been set up to standard factory Fender specs with a set of 10's and I can't find a buzz anywhere. It plays very nicely indeed. Enjoy.

You bastid!~~ 

How dare you entice us like that?  This ain't the dance of the 7 veils I hope.... !~!~~~~~

You got some pretty lookin' stuff... show the rest!~

-CB- said:
You bastid!~~ 

How dare you entice us like that?  This ain't the dance of the 7 veils I hope.... !~!~~~~~

You got some pretty lookin' stuff... show the rest!~

ROFLMAO  :toothy12:

More pics soon, I promise...

Hey, man, I remember this body from another thread when you were just getting started...yeah really more pics are in order!  Looks great from what we can see.  The figure on that neck looks mighty nice!!!!  Oh, and double bound Teles are beyond classy!

Actually, I could understand you lot being a little curious about this - as I am myself. I let a colleague at work borrow it briefly before Christmas. When I enquired as to when he was going to let me have it back, he informed me his wife had left him that weekend. It seemed a little churlish to push him on the point of a guitar at that point, so I let it ride. Then I went back to the UK for Christmas and I've not managed to pin him down since. This week I'll be making efforts to track him down at the office.

Tracked him down today. Have been promised that the mythical beast will be returned to me this evening - already 18:18 here, played safe and didn't hold breath.

See...that is what you get for doing nice things for other people!  I say you want to borrow one of my guitars?  That will be a $1200 deposit!

I hope you get it back pronto, just that little taste of a picture has me drooling over it.

guitlouie said:
See...that is what you get for doing nice things for other people!  I say you want to borrow one of my guitars?  That will be a $1200 deposit!

Very well said Guitlouie.

:rock-on:

Chris of Arabia said:
Let's just say it was a good job I didn't hold my breath, I'd have been a fetching shade of blue by now....

Didn't understood...  :-\

If the guy haven't got it back to you, I would ask only $50 for brake his legs with a baseball-bat  :icon_biggrin:

Can't believe you guys have gone two full pages based on a picture of a neck plate! Classic! You know you're a W addict if...

Back