The MULLY Telecaster is Alive!!

mullyman

This will be a series of posts. So, as you may know already, my wife gave me free run inside Warmoth to build a guitar for my 50th birthday. Seeing as how this is a milestone in life, I wanted something that would look the part. An everyday Strat wasn't going to do it for this one, it had to be something classy. Something that looks like it's signifying something special. Well, I ended up custom ordering

Body
Alder
Inca Silver
Double White binding
Tele, Tele, Tele pickup cavities (center pup cavity covered by pick guard)
Tortoise scratch plate
Gotoh bridge
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups
Seymour Duncan YJM 500k pots
Switchcraft 3-way switch
Chrome flat top knobs....as a Tele should be
Chrome control cover

The package arrived on Saturday April 7
2018-04-07%2018.52.08.jpg

2018-04-07%2018.52.23.jpg

2018-04-07%2018.52.35.jpg

Next post, the neck...sorry for the huge pics.
MULLY

Very nice.  Congratulations!

and I don't think the photos are huge.  If anything, not huge enough!

Very nice! :icon_thumright:

But you say you custom ordered the body? So that means you asked for the middle pickup rout? And it's going to be covered? :icon_scratch:
Am I missing something here?

Logrinn said:

But you say you custom ordered the body? So that means you asked for the middle pickup rout? And it's going to be covered? :icon_scratch:

Insurance, in case one changes one's mind at some point in the future.  :icon_jokercolor:

I always get H/S/H or swimming pool routing on Strat bodies for the same reason.

I'm hoping for some awesome/crazy feature wired up in that slot and hidden by the pickguard, myself.  I love "trick" features.  :icon_biggrin: 

double A said:
Insurance, in case one changes one's mind at some point in the future.  :icon_jokercolor:

I always get H/S/H or swimming pool routing on Strat bodies for the same reason.

Smart! Should have thought about that. Makes perfect sense.

Logrinn said:

As Aaron has already said, I got the center pup cavity for any possible bug up my ass to go with 3 pups. All it will take is a new scratch plate. All of my Warmoth guitars, with the exception of my Van Halen Frankenstein, have been routed HSH, I know I'll never want a full sized humbucker in the center. My Stratocaster is HSH but the pickguard is SSS with the bridge pickup being a single coil sized humbucker. It keeps the appearance of a traditional Strat, but has balls like an elephant. hehe!!!
MULLY
second post coming later today

Nice thing with the Pool route is that even if you don't use the center pickup on any given install, it allows space for other things to lay there, ie; EMG's alternative pots, like the SPC or EXG.  I know some guys that have a simple toggle + vol setup, but tape the EXG pot into a fixed position and have it mounted under the hood & out of site.

It's also a good place to hide microfilm, computer chips, or international launch codes.

Can't really elaborate, but trust me.

Back