The Mooncaster has landed....

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
One Mooncaster body and a few necks are now in the Showcase! More to come soon...

aa

double A said:
One Mooncaster body and a few necks are now in the Showcase! More to come soon...

aa

And here it is:
Mp260A.jpg

The Warmoth body is more than the entire Fender guitar. Snork the Bipper? On the other hand, this from Fender:
Fender decided to outfit their Starcaster with a pair of their Wide Range humbuckers. By nature, these humbuckers have a gentle, wide-open sound that responds well to brighter overtones. They also break up into a satisfying growl when pushed hard.

I'd have a real problem with pickups that growl and distort. Of course you could always try a Tusq pick to fix it - they have built in tone.

SustainerPlayer said:
Bum! Eagerly awaiting the candy red with white binding!  :sign13: HS config!  :)

That would be sharp. Shame they don't offer binding on the f-holes.

StübHead said:
I'd have a real problem with pickups that growl and distort. Of course you could always try a Tusq pick to fix it - they have built in tone.

It would have to be a genuine signature Joe Bonamassa-approved Tusq pick. Otherwise, fuhgeddaboudit.

Rear access to the controls is mighty convenient. Anyone who has ever fished an assembly of wires, a swith, 4 pots and a jack thru the f hole of an es can appreciate that feature.

telecutie said:
Rear access to the controls is mighty convenient. Anyone who has ever fished an assembly of wires, a swith, 4 pots and a jack thru the f hole of an es can appreciate that feature.

Amen, I have a 1950's or so Aria Hollowbody that I replaced the pots on years ago would have loved the rear access on that pup.

SustainerPlayer said:
Bum! Eagerly awaiting the candy red with white binding!  :sign13: HS config!  :)

This! Throw in the American Standard hardtail bridge rout and that's a total win. I've gotta say though, I'll be putting a standard Strat headstock on mine.

MikeW said:
I've gotta say though, I'll be putting a standard Strat headstock on mine.

I don't know if I will be putting a Strat headstock on mine, but it certainly won't be the Mooncaster neck!
I love the body, but that neck is fugggly :sad:

Black Dog said:
MikeW said:
I've gotta say though, I'll be putting a standard Strat headstock on mine.

I don't know if I will be putting a Strat headstock on mine, but it certainly won't be the Mooncaster neck!
I love the body, but that neck is fugggly :sad:
ohhhh, dayuuuuum, that headstock is fugggggly......
ughug.gif
...survey says...
vomiton.gif

telecutie said:

Mp260B.jpg

:dontknow:  This body doesn't interest me at all. The neck is Fugly  :sad1:

Wouldn't the Vortex neck look better on the Mooncaster  ?

Back to the Tele's and Strat's for me.  :icon_thumright:
Or
Maybe about time for a Bass build.  :icon_scratch:

Updown said:
Maybe about time for a Bass build.  :icon_scratch:

I agree; the Mooncaster stuff isn't very inspiring. Also, what would be wrong with a nice bass? I've been impressed with the Gecko ever since I saw the first one. Makes me wanna play bass. Except, I have a decent bass and I don't play it. Then I remember - oh, yeah! I don't care to play bass.

Sorta the same way with acoustics. I love the things - the way they sound, the way they look - but even even a very nice acoustic is a chore to play if you spend most of your time on an electric.

Eh.... Not too impressed, although if I could find out where the chambering is, I could mod its shape into something pretty cool.

StübHead said:
The Warmoth body is more than the entire Fender guitar. Snork the Bipper? On the other hand, this from Fender:
Fender decided to outfit their Starcaster with a pair of their Wide Range humbuckers. By nature, these humbuckers have a gentle, wide-open sound that responds well to brighter overtones. They also break up into a satisfying growl when pushed hard.

There's always lollar and Novak. Both will wind replacements for WRHB's. Also, Ken does rewinds, might be worth asking about.

Back