The Master Blaster

Ddbltrbl

I have just been swamped and had this little project waiting for me to complete the YY-Wicked for my friend. Unfortunately, I really didn't have time to do any build pics, so here it is in finished state.

Body:
Model: Chambered Jazzcaster, Alder on Alder
Pickups BK Piledriver set w/ 4-way switch:
  1. Bridge
  2. Bridge & Neck in parallel
  3. Neck
  4. Bridge & Neck in series
Gotoh Bridge, 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole, Contoured Heel

Neck:
25-1/2" Scale, Warmoth Pro, Fatback, Indian Rosewood / Indian Rosewood.
10-16" Compound Radius
Sperzel Tuners and GD6150 frets

DSC_00051_zps33118d19.jpg

DSC_00031_zpsd537faaf.jpg

I have anxiously awaited getting to this; it has really been a perfect intersection of several ideas I've had. I really wanted to try a Fatback neck, and have want to try Rosewood for the neck as well, but I was worried that it might be too heavy. But, the shape of the Jazzmaster body looked to me like it would balance out pretty well. And, since , I love the sound of a good Telecaster, but have just never warmed up to the body, a Jazzcaster just seemed to be the right combination of everything.

I am happy to report  that I like it even better than I thought I would. The balance is great, the tone is awesome (warm and powerful, but clear, with plenty of crunch when needed. Super comfortable to play! And, I like the Fatback neck more and more each day. With a partial Cagey Polish on the neck the Rosewood doesn't feel waxy at all. It's very slick and comfortable. Definitely a keeper!  :laughing7:
:guitarplayer2:

Thanks Crash! I love my piledrivers more and more each day!  :laughing7:

Glad you like it Great Ape! It can't be all bad in that case!  :eek:ccasion14:

I have noticed a few Jazzmaster bodies with the Warmoth headstock. It matches the offset of the body nicely. Lately I have been thinking about a Sonic Blue Jazzmaster with strat pickups and controls......mmmmm

I like the sound of that idea Peter.K. I find the Jazzmaster body to be extremely comfortable, and lighter than I expected. I don't think you would regret building one!  :evil4:

I really like how the 3x3 headstock worked out. But honestly, I think the Jazzmaster body works well with either the 3x3 or 6x style headstock . I just wish they would put a few in the showcase with some options for the bridge, instead of the original.  :dontknow:

:guitarplayer2:

Back