The Brutal Legend Flying V project... begins at last

anorakDan

So, thanks to the fine people at Gibson, I was compelled to hasten the timeline on my first Warmoth guitar project. I guess I should be thankful, since it allowed me to pick up this showcase body.

V1 body in white korinna, top-routed for 2 'Buckers and a Wilkinson trem. Contoured heel and 7/8" output jack.

I will be (very carefully) opening up the jack rout to accept a Strat-style jackplate.

Also included is a beautiful white pearloid pickguard.

I knew the quality from Warmoth would be excellent, but I think this goes beyond that. Any anxiety I may have had about this project has been replaced by giddy, excited optimism. Who couldn't make a great guitar with components like these! Great job, Warmoth!

Special thanks to Cagey for his very helpful suggestions. THis guitar is gonna RAWK! :party07:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 509
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 562
Nice get. Last of the line, too. Don't forget to date it internally somewhere with something permanent.

Cagey said:
Nice get. Last of the line, too. Don't forget to date it internally somewhere with something permanent.
:laughing7:
th

I was thinking more along the lines of a fine-point Sharpie, but those'll work.

Thanks, guys, and thanks for the idea, Cagey. However, it's all gonna get a nice glossy black lacquer finish from Tonar. Maybe punches ARE the way to go. Or the Dremel...

Your Flying Now    :headbang:

Any idea of the puppies that'll be firing that up  ?

Can't wait to see another Tonar job  :blob7:

I'm thinking GFS Dream 90s, or maybe Mean 90s. They fit my budget better than the Duncan Phat Cats. They HAVE to be chrome, H/B sized single coils.

Any thoughts?

I'd talk to Ken about his version of the P94, the Roadhouse PDX90.  Otherwise, the GFS pickups are a very easy way to go to get things started.  You can figure out what you want from that reference point as well.  I just love giving Ken some crazy descriptions and letting him come up with something.  It has worked out well for me.
Patrick

Back